Goatface
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goatface

GOATS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gotta Catch 'em All!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Watcher

Watcher

Gotta Catch 'em All! Empty
PostSubject: Gotta Catch 'em All!   Gotta Catch 'em All! EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 11:37 pm

Oh yes folks. This is exactly what you think it is. One big Pokemon RP. AND I DON'T WANNA HEAR ANY FUSS ABOUT NOT KNOWING ENOUGH ABOUT IT TO JOIN 'CAUSE I'M GONNA TRY AND EXPLAIN EVERYTHING TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITIES!
So here we go.
Pick an OC or two and throw them into the world of Pokemon! Specifically Palet town. We can't just deny our roots now can we? Once they're thrown in get 'em to Professor Oak's place. He'll(I'll, or just find someone Poke-savy who's on if I'm not to play him) offer you the starters for the first three generations, which I'll list for ya in a bit. (I'm trying to limit how many monsters we have to chose from so we don't just drown in all of them.) I'm also going to give a link to a good list once I find one. (Send me a link if you know of a good one. Thanks.)
Kay so! Throw your OC into Palet Town! Send 'em to Professor Oak and pick a starter! Then all our OCs can journey throughout the world of Pokemon, together or alone(rivals maybe?), battling Gym leaders and bonding with their Pokemon companions!(Or totally torturing them depending on who it is...)

(Warning! Lots of reading ahead. Sorry. I'll try and keep things simple.)
Now. For those of you who don't know anything about Pokemon (You people who already play pokemon should already know all this so feel free to skip it.) Feel free to ask all the questions you want. To me, to friends who play/watch it, to Google!
For starters, Pokemon are creatures that Trainers[, in this case your OCs, capture and use to battle other trainers and Gym leaders to try and be the best! Or just have adventures.
There are different types of Pokemon and all of them have strengths and weaknesses. Most of them are pretty obvious. Fire is weak against water, but strong against grass.
I'm just gonna post a link to a chart with the types and their weaknesses. I'm trying to make this post as short as I can.
So here ya go. http://pokemondb.net/type

Each pokemon has a type, and each move a pokemon uses has a type assigned to it.
You can always ask which Pokemon and moves have what type and what they're strengths and weaknesses are.

I'll try and find a good map of the Pokemon world so you can see how all the towns are laid out, and as always, don't be afraid to just ask.
As your OC(s) travel through the world they come upon Gyms. You have to beat the Gym leaders to progress through the world. The badges you earn from these Gym leaders let you use new moves outside of battle so you can do things like cut down a tree that's in your way, or ride a pokemon across water, or even fly. I'll explain these particular moves and the Gym leaders more once we come to them in the RP.
I'll also make a list that explains the badges and which ones do what.

The last thing I'm gonna talk about for now is evolution. As Pokemon battle they gain experience and get stronger and once they're strong enough they evolve. Some pokemon have multiple evolutionary stages. Pikachu, for example, has three: Pichu, Pikachu, and Raichu. Let's say you started with a Pichu, you battle other pokemon and it gains experience, eventually it will evolve into Pikachu, who is an even stronger pokemon.
Now for another aspect of evolution. There are elemental stones that can force a pokemon to evolve and are sometimes necessary for it. For Pikachu to evolve into Raichu you would have to use a Thunder stone. Not all pokemon can be forced to evolve with a stone, but generally those associated with the element of a stone can use it.
The evolution stones are as follows.
Leaf stone
Fire stone
Water stone
Thunder stone
Moon stone
Sun stone
Everstone (prevents Pokemon from evolving while they hold it)

We'll only concern ourselves with these if someone has a Pokemon who needs a stone to evolve.

Now for battling And this concerns everyone.
I'm still kind of working out this issue...for wild pokemon I'll just say you guys can make it last as long as you want. Just try and make it realistic to the games/show if you can.
When battling other people we'll have to figure out a point system...don't want you guys just god modding each other. XP
Unless you guys want to avoid battling each other's Pokemon completely and we can just throw in some random bad guys, saaaay, Team Rocket? XD
Let me know what you think.

Alright on to the starters!
We're only going to use the first three generations, no exceptions. But this does mean you get to pick from the starters of all three gens.
1st gen.
- Bulbasaur: Grass/Poison.
- Charmander: Fire.
- Squirtle: Water.
2nd gen.
- Chikorita: Grass.
- Cyndaquil: Fire
- Totodile: Water
3rd gen.
- Treecko: Grass
- Torchick: Fire
- Mudkip: Water

I've decided we'll make a list of OCs being used and their Pokemon and badges. If I'm not online when you battle a gym leader or catch a new pokemon just shoot me a message to let me know. I think we'll limit your Pokemon to saaaay...20? I sure as heck don't want to have a list of 100+ pokemon for all you guys up here. ._.

Also another little thought I had. What do you guys think to picking people to be in charge of the Gyms? For example, I could talk for Brock, the first Gym leader. You all could pick Gyms you want to be in charge of and battle each OC as they come. Thoughts?

Alrighty then! I think that's everything...I'll add more if I see that I need to.
Let me know if I missed anything!

Oh look! Kk-chan found a Pokedex! http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokedex/
From the official site too! We're gonna be using everything up to number 385: Jirachi.

Shall we start then?

Setting: Palet town. A small town with only a few buildings, the biggest being Professor Oak's lab. One path leads out into grass towards the next town.
(Oh look! Little descriptions of each town! And some pictures. And a list of the badges. Isn't that nice? http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Kanto )

"Hello there! Welcome to the world of pokémon! My name is Oak! People call me the pokémon Prof! This world is inhabited by creatures called pokémon! For some people, pokémon are pets. Others use them for fights. Myself...I study pokémon as a profession."
--Professor Oak, Pokémon red version.

Now choose your OCs!
Back to top Go down
Watcher

Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Gotta Catch 'em All!   Gotta Catch 'em All! EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 11:56 pm

The Watcher stood at the edge of a small town. A very small town actually since it only had about five buildings, but never mind that. She blinked as a small purple rodent ran by. "No. Freaking. Way!" She grinned. "Oh man this is gonna be epic!" She laughed and ran into town looking for Prof. Oak's lab.
Back to top Go down
Froot
Admin
Froot

PostSubject: Re: Gotta Catch 'em All!   Gotta Catch 'em All! EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 1:40 am

"Huh... where am I?"

The blond walked through a very little town he didn't know. It was strange, there weren't many people around.

Suddenly, walking into a tall patch of grass, he felt something on his shoe...

Looking down, he saw a little caterpie nibbling on it.

"Hey!" He backed up out of the grass, falling backwards. The caterpie fell off, scurrying back into the bushes. Lucas stood up again, brushing himself off and looking around. He then noticed a few kids running around with a couple of pidgeys. One of them bumped into him, looking up.

"Are you a pokemon trainer?" The kid asked, surprised.

"... no..."

"DORK."

With that, the kid ran off again to play with the other kids and the pidgeys.

Lucas blinked. That was weird... but then he realized if he was among Pokemon... maybe he needed to get a starter. That seemed logical enough. God, he hoped he was right.

He walked over to the kids again. One of the pidgeys ran into his feet with a loud squawk.
"Hey, uh... any of you know where Professor Oak's place is?"

They all looked at him as though he were a moron, then they all pointed one direction.

"... Thanks."

Lucas began off in that direction, hoping that the kids weren't screwing with him and he really was going the right way.
Back to top Go down
https://supergoats.forumotion.com
LC

LC

PostSubject: Re: Gotta Catch 'em All!   Gotta Catch 'em All! EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 5:44 pm

LC grumbled as she finally got out of the tall grass. Fucking Pidgeys, always bothering her, messing up her hair... Eh, hair's hair, but she still didn't like them.

She sighed as she saw a town. Read the sign. "Pallet Town"

Her mind blanked.

Fucking A, not Pokemon...

She stomped her foot in a fit of exasperation before slumping and trudging off to Professor Oak's lab. Oh well. She could at least get a decent Pokemon to work with.
Back to top Go down
Watcher

Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Gotta Catch 'em All!   Gotta Catch 'em All! EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 6:18 pm

Watcher took a deep breath as she stood before the double doors of Professor Oak's lab. She took another breath and pushed the doors open, stepping into the familiar sounds of numerous computers running and various machines beeping. "Starters here I come!" She strode up to the main man Oak himself and grinned. "Professor Oak.. It's you. It's totally you! And this is all freaking real!" She couldn't help but giggle with the excitement.
Oak looked at her, "Oh! Hello there! Yes, I am Professor Oak, and you are?"
Watcher grinned, "Name's Kristina, though most everybody calls me the Watcher."
Oak studied her a bit, "Well it's nice to meet you Kristina. Is there something I can do for you?"
The girl was nearly bouncing with excitement, "Well I was kinda hoping you could set my up with a pokemon so I could start on my journey to be a pokemon master!" She didn't care if she was being cliche, she was loving every minute of this.
"Oh! Of course! Please this way! I've just gotten some new pokemon in from across the world so you have quite the selection to chose from." The professor started walking towards a desk with multiple pokeballs on it.
Watcher blinked and followed, "So wait...you mean, more than just the three? More than Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle?"
The professor nodded, "Yes. I also have three pokemon from the Johto and Hoenn regions."
The girl grinned even wider, if that was possible, "That's awesome!" She stopped as her heat almost skipped a beat, "Wait no...not awesome...that means I have to choose! Aw, how am I supposed to decide between all those?!"
Oak just chuckled and stopped at the desk, "No need to rush, this is a big decision after all. Take your time."
Back to top Go down
LC

LC

PostSubject: Re: Gotta Catch 'em All!   Gotta Catch 'em All! EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 6:21 pm

At that moment, LC stumbled into the room, clothes a mess, hair smoking, a scowl marring her usually cheerful expression.

"Fucking Cyndaquils, stupid flames, Pokemon..." She leaned against the wall and sat heavily on the floor. Crossing her arms she glared straight ahead a moment before looking up and seeing Kristina.

She paused, then formed a peace sign with her two fingers. "Yo."
Back to top Go down
Watcher

Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Gotta Catch 'em All!   Gotta Catch 'em All! EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 6:34 pm

Kristina blinked when her friend stumbled in. "Yo...you look...terrible." She couldn't help but chuckle. "And how the hell did you get scorched? There aren't any fire type pokemon in this area...and everything's at a wooping level three anyway."
Back to top Go down
LC

LC

PostSubject: Re: Gotta Catch 'em All!   Gotta Catch 'em All! EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 6:36 pm

"I don't know! Maybe it wasn't a Cyndaquil, all I remember is flame shooting at me!" She threw her hands up. "And all I wanted was a Bulbasaur!"
Back to top Go down
Watcher

Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Gotta Catch 'em All!   Gotta Catch 'em All! EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 6:45 pm

The Watcher blinked at her friend. "Bulbasaur? Seriously? I never pegged you for the grass type..." She shrugged and turned back to Professor Oak. "Hey, do you think my friend could geet a pokemon too?"
Oak, "Smiled of course!"
"Awesome." She looked back to LC, "I'm gonna make damn sure you enjoy this adventure even if it kills us." She grinned and cackled running over to the desk to grab her decided pokemon: Cyndaquil.
Back to top Go down
LC

LC

PostSubject: Re: Gotta Catch 'em All!   Gotta Catch 'em All! EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 6:47 pm

LC - ignoring the blatant reason behind her friend's choice of Pokemon - effectively squealed, bouncing to her feet, eyes lighting up in delight. "YAY! Yay yay yay! Bulbasaaauuuurrr!"
Back to top Go down
Watcher

Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Gotta Catch 'em All!   Gotta Catch 'em All! EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 7:08 pm

(I was picking Cyndaquil before you sad squat so shut it. I love Cyndaquil.)

The Watcher rolled her eyes and chuckled, letting her new partner out of it's ball.
The Cyndaquil shook itself and stared up at her.
She smiled at it, "We're so gonna kick butt little guy."
"Cynda!" He pranced around her happily.
She chuckled, "And of course you're gonna learn how to act all badass by the time you evolve to Typhlosion, got it?"

Professor Oak turned to LC with a pokeball in hand. "You said you wanted Bulbasaur yes?"
Back to top Go down
LC

LC

PostSubject: Re: Gotta Catch 'em All!   Gotta Catch 'em All! EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 8:29 pm

LC stared at the pokeball with a rapt fascination before carefully taking it from hs hands with reverence.

"Yeeeeeessss..."
Back to top Go down
Watcher

Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Gotta Catch 'em All!   Gotta Catch 'em All! EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 8:48 pm

The professor smiled at the two new trainers. "I wish you both the best of luck!"

The Watcher grinned as Cyndaquil jumped into her arms. "Thanks Professor!"

"Oh! I almost forgot!" Oak exclaimed, "Here. I want you to take these." He pulled two pokedexes from his pockets and handed them to the girls.

"Sweet!"
Back to top Go down
LC

LC

PostSubject: Re: Gotta Catch 'em All!   Gotta Catch 'em All! EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 8:50 pm

LC took it and turned it over in her hands, lost.

"... Is it like an iPad or something... ?"
Back to top Go down
Watcher

Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Gotta Catch 'em All!   Gotta Catch 'em All! EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 8:58 pm

The Watcher froze, "Oh my- I'm gonna- grah! It's a pokedex you ninny!"

Professor Oak chuckled and explained, "Yes, it's called a Pokedex. It's kind of like and encyclopedia of Pokemon. I'd like you to take it a gather information on all the pokemon you encounter on your journey. Ah, hold on a moment, I think..." He started digging through his pockets, "Ah yes here it is!" He pulled out a small notebook. "I made written instructions on how to use it."

Slightly disappointed with her friend the Watcher muttered half to herself, "How do you not know what a pokedex is? You're the freaking Librarian for cryin' out loud..."
Back to top Go down
LC

LC

PostSubject: Re: Gotta Catch 'em All!   Gotta Catch 'em All! EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 9:00 pm

"You seriously believe I can remember every single fucking thing I read?! I forget my name half the time my mind's all over the place!" She tossed it in the air. "But it's cool. Like my book, cept... Not. Anyways, how do I open my Pokeball?"
Back to top Go down
Watcher

Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Gotta Catch 'em All!   Gotta Catch 'em All! EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 9:13 pm

The Watcher stepped in to answer before Oak had a chance, "The button, idiot." She held up her own pokeball to show the button placed between the red and white halves.
Back to top Go down
LC

LC

PostSubject: Re: Gotta Catch 'em All!   Gotta Catch 'em All! EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 9:35 pm

"Seriously? I always thought it was cause you threw it..."
Back to top Go down
Watcher

Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Gotta Catch 'em All!   Gotta Catch 'em All! EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 9:43 pm

The Watcher sighed and shook her head, "It depends on what you're trying to do. Yours already has a pokemon inside so you wanna let it out, you have to expand it but pressing the button and telling your pokemon to come out, and you can still trow it if you want. Usually you're just throwing 'em when you're catching pokemon."
Back to top Go down
LC

LC

PostSubject: Re: Gotta Catch 'em All!   Gotta Catch 'em All! EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 9:46 pm

She just stared.

"... Can I just pretend I understood that and see my Pokemon?"
Back to top Go down
Watcher

Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Gotta Catch 'em All!   Gotta Catch 'em All! EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 9:57 pm

"Just throw the ball Collette."
Back to top Go down
LC

LC

PostSubject: Re: Gotta Catch 'em All!   Gotta Catch 'em All! EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 10:01 pm

"Yes, Ms. Watcher."

She threw the ball.
Back to top Go down
Watcher

Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Gotta Catch 'em All!   Gotta Catch 'em All! EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 10:14 pm

Watcher watched as the ball flew into the air and opened mid-flight to shoot out a red beam, a Bulbasaur appearing where the beam hit the ground, the pokeball then flying back to LC.
"Congratulations. You let the Bulbasaur out, can go we start training now?"
"Cyndaquil!"
Back to top Go down
LC

LC

PostSubject: Re: Gotta Catch 'em All!   Gotta Catch 'em All! EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 10:17 pm

LC tried to catch the ball, but misses, the pokeball bouncing across the ground. She watched it lay on the floor a moment before bending over to pick it up.

"Yeah, sure. whatever..."

She looked at the Bulbasaur.

"... Yaaaaaay!"
Back to top Go down
Froot
Admin
Froot

PostSubject: Re: Gotta Catch 'em All!   Gotta Catch 'em All! EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 10:25 pm

After walking while trying to pull caterpies off his legs, which seemed to swarm him for some reason, ignoring everyone who he passed's laughter, and having to put several new strips of duct tape on his red shoes from the caterpie nibbles, Lucas finally pushed open the door to Professor Oak's lab, peeling another caterpie off his shoulder and chucking it into the tall grass.

He stared at the other three people there, ignoring the last caterpie, which was crawling up his calf lovingly.

"... Nice bulbasaur." He commented, chuckling.
Back to top Go down
https://supergoats.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gotta Catch 'em All!   Gotta Catch 'em All! Empty

Back to top Go down

Gotta Catch 'em All!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Goatface :: Durrrr :: Roleplays-
Jump to: