Goatface

GOATS

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Like Watching a Movie.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:16 pm

Nathan chuckled, trying to relive some of the tension building in his gut, "Private jets. They can land pretty soft if the pilot's good enough." He swallowed as he watched a few more trees topple over from whatever was outside.

Dylan watched the landscape outside his window carefully. "I'm starting to think we should hijack this plane right now and get out of here..." Although considering their host snapped the plane to the island faster they probably wouldn't get far before ending right back where they started...lovely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:29 pm

"Yeah..." Jaden pursed his lips. ".. It'd probably blow up." he affirmed his head with a nod. "I watch enough TV to know. We're on our own here, really."

"This sucks on ice." D'Michael scowled, standing and stretching.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:35 pm

Dylan nodded, "At least we have a little experience on our side. Can't speak much for the rest of the passengers, but I've lived long enough to be through enough situations similar to this, although if my suspicions are correct, those other times weren't quite like this one..." He eyed the jungle outside his window. She had said this would be interesting.

Nathan hoped across the isle to snatch his bag off he sofa. "Welp! No use sitting around in here any longer. We've got some kind of crazy island to see."
Ivero reached for his own bag and stood, "Not to mention the fire-star hotel they promised."

Dylan chuckled at the boys sarcasm, "Let's hope that part's true and we can get a bit of rest before everything goes wrong."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:42 pm

D'Michael shook his head. "No such luck."

"Yeah, probably not."

Jaden stepped off the plane, bag in arm and nodded, trying to keep from doing anything irrational. It was just a concrete runway and only that, a flagpole with the wind direction funnel lying fallen and snapped in half off to the side. He dropped his bag and ran a hand over his face, trying to keep his anger in check as D'Michael stepped off the plane behind him.

Finally, he stomped his foot and began to mutter "Naibii de prost, eu nu pot să cred că acest rahat! Eşti nenorocit serios?!" He whipped around and faced D'Michael with righteous determination on his face. "We are going to find the spălătură sac that left us here and kick their cur, do you here me?!"

D'Michael blinked at the outburst but nodded obediently enough. "Sure. After you calm down."

Jaden sneered. "Please. I'm calm compared to how badly the pother passengers are going to flip out."

Speaking of which, a fat dude began to hyperventilate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:58 pm

Dylan stepped down onto the runway and surveyed their surroundings. There was a small concrete building probably for flight control, but other than that it looked like there was just a great big expanse of jungle. Probably no use looking for a phone or anything useful like that at this point. He sighed. "Well this could get difficult..."

Nathan spun around slowly a couple times before pointing to a random tree. "Hey Ivero."
"Hm?" The elf turned to see where he was pointing. "...it's a tree Nathan."
"Yes, but look at it. What kind of tree is it? You're an elf right, you should know this kinda stuff."
Ivero studied the tree a moment and frowned, "That's impossible..."
"That's what I thought. Just needed to make sure I was still sane and all, not just imagining things."
"But that's..."
"I know."
"This is impossible..."
"Yeah we got that part, and oh my God what is that?!" Nathan pointed just below the tree to a giant centipede. "Is that thing a bug?! It's huge!"

Dylan turned to look at the insect Nathan had spotted. "We need to get away from the plane. Quickly." He shouldered his bag looked back to the jungle around them wondering which direction wouldn't lead to total disaster right away. "Hopefully we can find somewhere fairly dependable to stay the night."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:06 am

"Right!" Jaden sneered, turning away from the plane on his heel. "Cause it's all gonna be shits and giggles from here on out!" He tugged at his hair. 'We're in the prehistoric are, for Pete's sake!"

"Prehistoric?" D'Michael's face turned ashen. "Seriously?"

Jaden laughed mockingly. "What, kid, never seen Jurassic Park? Isla Nublar, first island with dinosaurs!" He kicked at the ground. "This freagin, freagin sucks..." He peered into the brush. Blinked. Eyes went white. Then blinked again, eyes regaining their normality.

"There's no way out there that doesn't lead to something carnivorous. But," he jabbed his thumb Eastward. "That way avoids it for the longest."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:57 pm

Dylan nodded, "Right then, that way it is." He turned to address the other more panicked people. "Listen up folks! We're on a very dangerous island right now and I suggest if you want better chances of surviving this ordeal that we should stay together. According to my friend here, that is the safest direction for us to travel at the moment, and I suggest we move out now before whatever was attracted by the sound of the jet gets here." He adjusted his bag and turned to the east. "I can't order or force any of you to follow. Anyone is welcome to stay out here in the open if they'd like." And with that he started walking.

Nathan blinked, "Charming fellow isn't he?"
Ivero shouldered his own bag, "Charm or not he is right. I don't even want to imagine what's probably looking to eat us right now." The elf started walking after Dylan.
Nathan sighed dramatically and hoisted his own bag over his shoulders. "I knew I should have packed more snacks." He followed after his friend and joined the majority of the people who had opted to go with Dylan's plan.

Two men stayed behind.
"W-we can just get back on the plane! Or at least call for help from it, they've gotta have some way of communicating with the mainland."
"Right!"

Ivero turned back to the men for a moment, "Whoever invited us here, wants us to stay, do you really think they'll let you just fly away like that?" He turned back and continued into the jungle with the rest of the group.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:50 pm

Jaden looked back at the two men and frowned. " Deja vu."

"Huh?" D'Michael walked briskly along side him, both following Dylan with everyone else falling in behind. He reached over and tugged on Jaden's shirt when the older's attention still wasn't on him. "Jaden, what's wrong?" He questioned once their eyes had met.

The other paused, then shook his head. "Nothing." but almost scowled at how unsure he sounded.

D'Michael didn't say anything to that.

---

Ralphie watched the men leave with fear in his eyes but he stayed with his brother in law, deciding to trust the older man.

"Bob, what are we doing?"

"We'r tryin' ta find ah ray-dee-o, Ralpheh! Nao come awn an' help meh!"

Ah, that southern twang gave him chills.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:40 pm

As much as he hated doing so, Dylan resigned himself to leaving the men behind. He knew he wouldn't be able to save everyone here, most people weren't smart enough to stay alive in this kind of situation. But he would try to keep as many people alive as he could.

The group was quiet for the most part as they made their way through the dense jungle, aside from the few people who wouldn't stop asking what was going on.
Everyone stopped when low, repeated rumbling sounded a ways away slowly heading in the direction of the jet and two men.

---

Ralphie's breathing started getting faster as the rumbling beat got louder and louder. Something was obviously coming. "Uh, Bob...I-I think maybe we should follow after the others..."

"Nonsense Ralpheh! We'll be perfuctly safe righ' h're! We'll find ourselves that ray-dee-o on this h-re pri-vate jet and get one o' dem heli-copters to pick us up later. Ain't nuthin' t' worry 'bout."

The rumbling continued to grow louder and closer.

"But that noise...it sounds big...and it's getting closer."

"'T ain't nuthin'! Just sum lil earth quake or sum other like that."

Ralphie stared wide eyed and tree swayed in the jungle, a few completely falling over. "T-that's not an earth quake..." The man gasped as a large reptilian head shoved it's way out of the tops of the trees, followed soon after by the rest of the monsters body stepping out onto the runway.
Large rows of pointed teeth glistened in the sunlight as the thing let out an ear splitting roar.

Both men covered their ears, Bob quickly spinning around to see what had made the noise.
His jaw dropped and he probably soiled his pants at that point. He was also probably regretting not following the others at this point.

"What the hell is that?!" Ralphie exclaimed, now in a panic.

"Who gives a rat's arse what it is jus' run!" Bob yelled back as he had already started running for the trees.
Ralphie quickly turned to follow his brother-in-law, going to a flat out sprint in seconds.

The giant lizard would have non of it. The thing took off after them, tearing it's way into the trees, another loud roar echoing across the island. It lumbered after the out of shape men, catching up to them in no time. It jutted it's head towards one of the men and knocked him off his feet.
Bob screamed a loud and high pitch scream that could probably shatter a window.
The dinosaur quickly snatched the man up, not even pausing in it's run. Swinging it's head back up it chomped down harder on the large man, blood and guts soon splattering the monster's teeth. It swallowed the large chunks of the man and continued it's pursuit of the second.
Ralphie was running on adrenaline. Heart pounding, feet racing. He was horrified by his brother-in-law's death. He briefly wondered how he would tell his wife, but the shook of being chased by a tyrannosaurus rex quickly overtook his wandering thoughts. How was this even possible? Had they stumbled on some lost island? Gone back in time? Maybe-
His thoughts were interrupted as something sharp stabbed into his stomach. The ground dropped out from under his feet, pain making everything a blur. Everything went dark and wet and numb.
And then nothing.

The T-rex swallowed it's second snack and let out a triumphant roar before lumbering back into the jungle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:15 am

D'Michael's face remained a stoic wall as he felt the men die. "Two down," he looked back over his shoulder and counted heads. "... 19 more to go." Sighing and shaking hi head, he picked up his pace to catch up to Jaden, who had gone ahead when he had stopped. "Lovely. Jaden!" he called, not really caring if he caused the normals more panic.

"What?" the older called back but not turning.

"Those guy's are gone and that thing was big. What if we had someone up high or someone to scout ahead? Would that make it easier?"

Jaden shrugged. "What do you think?" he asked Dylan, not really wanting to step up into leader mode quite yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:28 am

Dylan nodded, "A scout would be nice, but it also makes for an easy target. The big ones aren't going to be the worst of it... Anyone running out ahead on their own would get picked off in under and hour." He thought moment before pulling out a small slip of paper from one of his coat pockets.
"I have an idea though." He slit his finger on the paper and smeared a little blood on it. Throwing the paper up into the air he spoke a few words in some archaic language and the paper started to grow wings and feathers, quickly changing into a small, blue bird.
"Not the best for spotting what might be hidden in the bushes, but he'll see movement at least."
The little bird took off to fly above the trees in front of the group, attentive eyes watching the jungle beneath.

Ivero watched the bird take off into the sky, "Well that's a useful trick..."
Nathan nodded, "So long as it doesn't get eaten by something before it can report back."

Dylan chuckled a bit and looked back at the two boys, "It reports directly back to me as long as it's still breathing." He tapped the side of his head with a finger. "I wouldn't use something that wouldn't send back messages on the fly in this kind of situation."

Nathan blinked, "Well that is a useful trick!"
Ivero chuckeld.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:32 pm

Jaden couldn't help the short chuckle that escaped him at Nathan's childish words... hell, they weren't even childish, they were just surprising to hear from a man looking like he was the king of Hell. Probably was too, considering the dark atmosphere that reminded him of Hell surrounding the guy. Oh well. It was actually a bit of a comfort to know there was a demon on this island that was actually on their side.

"I wanna create a bird..." D'Michael said wistfully, watching the animal soar out of sight for a minute before falling right back over their heads. He smiled softly.

"You know you can't." Jaden chided the boy, eyes trained on the jungle surrounding them. "You can barely touch anyone without them dying."

The younger huffed, trying to hide the hurt in his eyes with an attitude and air of annoyance. "Well, when you keep reminding me, I'll never know if I can touch a bird!" He looked back up. "I'd be too scared too."

Jaden rolled his eyes. Then blinked, eyes white, then blinked, eyes dark.

"We've got about a mile before we run into something nasty." He informed Dylan with face of disgust. "And it's eating something almost as big." He scowled and sniffed. "Smells terrible."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:41 pm

(It's not a real bird btw. XD Basically just an animated paper bird that looks real. >u> )

Dylan nodded, "Luck us then. If it's eating then it's not hunting. We should be able to make our way around it so long as we stay downwind."
He instructed his bird to fly ahead so he could plot out the safest path for them to take. The bird dove into the trees and gave Dylan a good mental view of the terrain they would have to walk and which directions would be best. He changed their path accordingly, angling downwind from the feasting dino ahead, staying far enough away to hopefully keep it from noticing them, but not far enough away to run into some other kind of trouble.

Nathan slowed his pace and fell to the end of the procession, Ivero soon matching his pace to see what was up.
Nathan kept his voice low and his eyes straight ahead. "Hey, you feel that?"
Ivero shook his head, "What?"
Nathan gave a low chuckled, "It's the feeling you get deep down in your gut whenever you're being stalked by a serious predator."
"...I don't believe I've ever had that feeling."
"Lucky you." Nathan gave a small smile. "I figure we've been followed since we left the plane, or at least soon after we left it."
"Shouldn't we tell the others?"
"Don't want to panic the normal people and I figure if those other guys can't hear us talking now, they'll probably figured it out soon enough, if they haven't already."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:08 pm

(I know, but D'Michael's just weird XD He puts two and two together when there isn't a two in sight, just a three and a seven.)

Jaden nearly growled in complete and utter annoyance at what he heard behind them. "I'd been hoping that was just me!" he shot back, reaching in his jacket pocket to tear at the loose threads. "Right, so, we're being stalked. Not much we can do about that. Just keep moving forward and make sure no one falls behind."

"But those kids from before..." D'Michael nudged Jaden. "They're a good ten feet behind the group. I guess they're not used to exercise?"

"That's their funeral." Jaden brushed it off, already at his limit with humans. He preferred working with people that actually had experience, not a bunch of pompous rich douche bags. "I swear to God," he muttered. "I'm going to kill whoever stuck us on the God forsaken sand pit of an island..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:31 pm

Nathan stopped and grinned at the kids, waiting for them to catch up, "You guys need to get out more."

The siblings nodded, out of breath.

Nathan chuckled, "Come on. I can carry one of you at least." He knelt down and picked up the sister instructing her to wrap her arms around his neck. He hoisted her up on his back and leaned forward just enough to keep good balance.

Ivero followed Nathan's example and helped the brother onto his back as well and the four moved to catch up with the group.

"Can't let you guys fall behind. I'd get bored. Everybody else here looks either rude or boring." Nathan smiled.

"Thanks." The little girl on his back said, relieved to be off her feet for now.

"Hey no prob. Gotta stick together in this kind of place."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:40 pm

D'Michael jumped violently as a crash sounded, loud and clear, to their left.

"Right..." he breathed. "Jaden, did you bring a weapon?"

"My mind is a weapon." Jaden mumbled, pushing the kid to his other side, away from the sound. Blink. "Dylan! Something's coming!" He took in a deep breath. "And it's pretty freagin huge!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:02 pm

"I heard it." Dylan moved to stand in the way of whatever was coming. He'd try and draw it off the rest of the group at least. He reached into his bag and found one of his larger guns. That outta help deter it a little He hoped. "Alright everyone, try and stay calm, and stay together if you can. If you get separated out here there's no promise of meeting back up with the rest of the group, we won't come looking for you, got it?"
He hated to sound harsh, but wasting time and energy on search and rescue wasn't going to help them survive longer.

"Damn..." Nathan muttered a few more curses in other languages under his breath. He should have noticed something that big sooner. He lived in Hell for crying out loud, and they had demons the side of mountains down there! He wanted to help hold the thing off if he could, but he didn't want to leave the kids fending for themselves. "Damn it all..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:07 pm

"Well, I'm glad your mind can fight, if we need..." D'Michael returned, before whipping his arm out to his side, a scythe sliding into existence into his palm, the blade sharpened to perfection and glinting in the sunlight.

"But I doubt it can cut stuff up."

"You never know..." Jaden nearly whispered, crouching low to the ground for cover.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:55 pm

Dylan cocked his gun and readied himself as best he could.

The forest was quiet aside from the constant noise of birds and insects. Dylan could even hear the breathing of the people around him. A sudden thumping sound disturbed the quiet and a flock or birds took off from the trees in front of Dylan. The thumping continued, vibrations shaking through the group as it got louder and louder. A loud crack sounded as a tree snapped and started falling towards the group.
"Move!" Dylan shoved several people out of the way before the thing landed, barely making it out of the way himself. He turned and swore as a massive scaly figure shoved it's way through the trees. The thing roared as it lunged after the group, a large sail on it's back breaking through the trees.
Dylan fired off several rounds from his gun, successfully getting the things attention. And now it's pissed at me. Wonderful. He jumped out of the way as a long snout came at him, rows of pointed teeth just daring him to get closer.
"Damn it..."

"Holy shit!" Nathan backed away from the creature as it's tail swung about, knocking over a couple people. The little girl on his back screamed in his ear. "Ah fu- ow! Don't scream so loud!"
"S-sorry..." She gasped out, her breathing getting faster.
"Stay calm now. I've got ya."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:06 pm

D'Michael dodged the falling tree and jumped into action, running alongside one of the taller, still standing trees and kicking off the wood onto the monster's back. Feeling the added weight, the thing gave a furious roar and shook its scaly body, hoping to throw the boy off. But D'Michael held fast, gripping the sail with one hand, the scythe in his other.

He made his way up the spine, on his knees to keep from being brushed off by the shrubbery and came to the conjoining of its head and neck, the flesh soft and vulnerable here.

Down on the ground, Jaden focused mainly on keeping the spazzes alive, jumping around, fazing in and out of existence with a human with him whenever one was in danger, quickly transporting them to a different place, one much further out of harm's way than the spot before. He looked up to see D'Michael on the creature's head, scythe twirling in hand. He watched as the kid raised the blade high above his head before bringing it down into the thing's upper neck, piercing through the softer flesh on the other side.

It screamed, began to thrash blindly, though its movements quickly became more sluggish and lethargic before it finally fell to the ground, growling and moaning. It clawed feebly at the ground before finally stilling, hot air no longer being blown out of its nostrils in puffs.

Jaden frowned as D'Michael jumped from the beast to land on the ground in front of him.

"Didja kill it?"

"I hope not." the boy returned, looking up at it. "It's kinda fun up there. I probably just stunned it. Or something."

Last edited by LC on Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:14 pm

Dylan put his gun away and eyed the dinosaur, he doubted it was dead considering the kind of damage it was used to taking from other large predators. He was actually surprised it had gone down so easily, but then again it hadn't exactly found normal prey.
He turned his attention to the group, "Did we lose anyone?"

A woman spoke up, "Mark...I sat next to him on the plane...the tree..." She started to sob, covering her mouth at the recollection of what she had seen.

"Right...that leaves us with 18 now. Anyone injured, or can everyone still walk alright?" He was anxious to get moving again. Predators always attracted more predators and he did not like having to stay in one place for very long under the circumstances.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:18 pm

Jaden gave the kid a pat on the shoulder as his way of showing him he was kinda proud, to which D'Michael beamed. They began to walk again, the air becoming considerably heavier with heat and water. Freagin jungles.

"Think Devan already got the guy?"

Jaden shook his head. "Dev's busy with the pandemic. He probably sent one of his lackeys to get the guy."

"Aw." D'Michael was disappointed. It was nice to see Devan every now and again.

Jaden sniffed the air, blinked. And blinked again. "Nothing too far ahead. But there are some odd heat sources. Like metal." he informed Dylan, the man being unofficially elected as the leader.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:24 pm

Dylan nodded, "That might be whoever made this place...or a trap. Hopefully the first."

"We'd probably be better off if it's neither..." Ivero pointed out.

"True, but I doubt we're that lucky. And whatever it is we might be better off than wandering around out here in the open. Plus it might give us some information on who sent us here and how we can get off this island." Dylan pushed a branch up to walk under it.

Nathan raised his hand. "I vote we find the metal. Whatever it is. It's better than wandering around with the dinos."

Dylan nodded, "Agreed."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:57 pm

"So..." Jaden clapped his hands together. "Metal it is, then. Probably some facility or building considering the size. Out..." he pointed ahead, a bit to the right. "That-a-way."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:17 pm

Dylan nodded again and adjusted his direction, "Thanks." He looked up as his eye in the sky flew by to go on a scout out whatever was ahead of them.

(SHORT REPLY OF DOOOOOM! *shot down*)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   

Back to top Go down

Like Watching a Movie.
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next