Goatface

GOATS

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Like Watching a Movie.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
LC

PostSubject: Like Watching a Movie.   Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:16 pm

"Dude, what is this..." Jaden mumbled to himself, tearing the envelope open and pulling out what looked to be an invitation. Hence, then "You're Invited!" printed across the top in elegant, golden cursive. He frowned, then began to read.

Salutations.
First off, we wish to congratulate you on being selected.
You are one of the few people selected to embark on a fantastic journey.
You and a small group of people will be headed to the Costa Rica tropical island,
Isla Nublar,
To observe the otherworldly oddities there,
And to make your mark in the history of the world.
You will have en expertly trained guide for the forest trails
And a five-star motel to reside in.
A plane will pick you up at the Californian airport
And you will be taken to the island.
Tickets are enclosed inside.

Please,
Enjoy.

He read it over again and again, biting his lip and knowing that he had heard of that island before... "What the hell..." he murmured to himself, tossing it onto the coffee table beside him and moving to go into the kitchen.

"Mr. Castell?"

"Holy shit!" Jaden exclaimed, whirling around to see who had magically appeared in his apartment this time. He paused, breathing heavily, and ran a hand over his face. "D'Michael... Kid, what are you doing here?"

The white haired boy peered p at him through wide, lilac eyes, grinning. "Did I scare you? I'm sorry." He passed Jaden and plopped down onto his couch, picking up the invitation that sat on the coffee table in front of him. Holding it in his hands, his smile died to something a bit more mysterious, his eyes unreadable. "... You got one too?"

"Yeah." Jaden muttered, walking into the kitchen and opening the fridge, pulling out two cokes. He walked back into the living room and tossed on to D'Michael, who got it.

"... Wanna go?" the boy asked him, the grin back on his face.

Jaden regarded him for a moment, weighing all the possibilities. Justin was currently missing and he couldn't do anything about it, so that was out of his hands. No new assignments had come in, and Daemon was unusually quiet. So were any of the other Demone members. No new villain had arisen yet, they were still at a loss at what to do about the abundance of collapsing cores, but he couldn't do shit about that...

"Sure." he shrugged, walking to the stairs. "I'll go get my stuff. You need anything?"

"Nope!" He exclaimed happily, before snapping his fingers and having the backpack falling from a small vortex hole appearing in the ceiling, the sack dropping onto the table. He smiled up at Jaden innocently enough, but had the decency to look slightly ashamed when Jaden's pointed eye landed on him. "Sorry, I was just really excited... And I really wanted to go, so I figured I could've convinced you somehow and then you could've taken me and..." he looked down at his feet and smiled to himself sheepishly. "Sorry."

Jaden shook his head. "Whatever, it's fine, kid." he reached the top of the stairs and then reached around the corner to grab on of his random go-bags, always packed and ready for whatever, whenever. He jumped down the stairs, uncaring that he was 17 steps up and fell into a roll, coming up in front of the door and opening it on dramatic move.

"Les'go."

D'Michael laughed at the display before standing and shouldering his bag as well, walking out the door, Jaden following behind. Once outside, the door locked soundly behind them, he turned to the taller and looked up at him expectantly. Jaden mimicked the look.

"Well?"

"Well what?"

D'Michael sighed and stomped his foot with childlike exasperation. "Come on, we need to go! The flight leaves in an hour!"

Jaden finally relented a smirk. "Whatever, kid." Grabbed D'Michael's arm and snapped his fingers.

And then they were gone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:00 pm

Ivero reread the mysterious invitation that had appeared in his mail that morning. "'Observe otherworldly oddities" huh?" He leaned back in his chair and continued to study the letter. "No name, no return address..." He sighed, "This is suspicious." The elf boy jumped as the double doors slammed open. He caught himself before he fell out of his chair and turned to see Nathan grinning in the doorway.

"Ivero my friend I have our vacation plans!" The demon marched over and plopped himself down on a couch next to the table. He blinked when he saw the paper in Ivero's hands. "No way...you got one too! Oh this is fantastic! I knew this was a good plan this just proves it!"

"Wait slow down, you got an invitation as well?"

"Yep!" Nathan pulled out an envelope from inside his jacket. "It's all a bit mysterious, but that's what makes it fun right?" His eyes flashed with excitement as he grinned even wider.

Ivero shook his head, "You are out of your mind...anybody who would just up and leave for something like this is just..." He stopped when he looked back up to see his friend giving him one of those puppy dog looks. You know the one. Ivero sighed. He hated that look. He rolled his eyes and gave in. "Fiiine. But don't blame me if this turns out to be some set up and we both get taken as hostages and ransomed for our families fortunes."

Nathan grinned and jumped off the couch to hug his friend. "Haha! It would be more fun if that's how it ended up." He stood and waved the invitation, "But I doubt any low life criminals like that could pull off such lovely invitations."

Ivero raised an eyebrow, "No, but more high class criminals could. Really Nathan, do you ever think things through."

"Occasionally." The demon winked and ran back to the door. "Trust me Ivero, this is going to be an awesome trip, I just know it."

Ivero shook his head again. "A troublesome one maybe..."

Since Nathan had opted to stay at his friends house for part of the summer it was easy for them both to be packed and out the door in roughly twenty minutes. The magic transportation of the elves would have them in California with time to spare.

---

The Watcher stared at the letter on the table. The elegant gold lettering on the soft white envelope, still sealed, taunting her. "Dylan."
"Yes?" The tanned man sat across the table from her.
"You have mail..."
"So I do."
"Well?"
"Well what?"
"Open it!" The Watcher pushed the envelope closer to him.
"I know we have to but...shouldn't we...take some precautions or something?" They never got mail. It was practically impossible to get mail here. When they did get mail it was either from the Lady Collette, one of their friends out traveling the worlds, or it was from future selves and that usually meant some kind of disaster was coming. But they never got anonymous letters that just screamed fancy invitation to some kind of fancy event. And Dylan certainly wasn't one to get invitations to fancy events. And so his idea of taking precautions was very justified.
He looked across the table to see the Watcher staring him down with bright curious eyes.
"If you don't open it I will. And I'll steal your tickets to whatever fancy event you've been invited to."
"They'd never let you in in my place."
"Sure they would. I could disguise myself as you easy. Just open it."
Dylan sighed and snatched up the letter, ripping through the seal. He unfolded the letter inside and read the fancy golden lettered invitation.
"Costa Rica? And a five-star hotel, I knew this was gonna be fancy."
"Lemme see lemme see!" The Watcher practically jumped around the table to read over his shoulder. "First off, blah blah blah...Cotsa Rica, Isla...Nublar..." Dylan looked up as she went quiet.
"What's wrong?"
"Huh? Oh nothing! I think you should go. Most definitely. You should go." She stepped back and nodded half to herself, "Yeah...it'll be interesting that's for sure."
"When you say interesting that usually means something horrible happens..."
"Not every time!" She frowned at him, taking offense.
He chuckled, "Just most of the time."
She started to say something, but stopped. "...Okay most of the time. But I still say you should go. In fact, I'm sending you. Think of it as a mission of sorts. But try and have fun. Kind of...when you can."
"When I can? Oh great this is going to be a disaster isn't it?" Dylan sighed and rubbed his temples.
"Oh just go! You'll see when you get there!"
"Right right. I'll go pack." He pushed his chair out and headed off to his room to pack.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:34 pm

"This is incredible..." D'Michael breathed after having stepped onto the plane. Once they had arrive at the airport, Jaden had spotted this man in a very expensive looking suit holding their names, scripted in gold, on a white sign. The older had talked to the guy, who had then directed them to a special gate. They'd shown the ladies their tickets who had ushered them outside, onto the freaking runway and onto the private jet.

"Yeah, I guess..." Jaden said with a shrug, looking around. The interior was kinda... new.

Creamy, light pink walls with ocean blue accents on the upper baggage compartments were the first thing he took in. Then the cream leather seats, two by two, four to a polished, marble tablet, four different tables and their relative seats making up the first cabin. A large, flat screen TV was on the opposite wall, obviously new and highly expensive.

Then, past the TV, was a sitting area. Matching cream leather sofas, one to each wall, separate by those curtains lined the hallway. Past that room was a kitchen and less elegant seating area, probably meant for the stewards and stewardesses. And further past was the cockpit, the pilots doing their final checkup and whatnot.

Jaden frowned at the pish-posh high end society layout and took a step forward. And stopped. His vans had squeaked loudly and he looked down to see that the floor was polished marble as well, matching the tables. His frown deepened. How much did that cost and who even had the mindset to think of ways like this to spend it all?

D'Michael sat in one of the leather seats and put his beg in the seat beside him. Jaden did the same, sitting across from him. Looking past him to the pilots, the younger of the two began to fiddle nervously with his fingers on the tabletop. "... Jaden?" He began tentatively, still looking past him.

"Yeah?"

"..." D'Michael swallowed. "Can you fly this?"

Jaden almost laughed. But instead, he held his arms up in a cocky fashion, smirking easily to help calm the kid down .After all, they made their livings off of worst case scenarios. "Kid, I'm Jaden Castell! I can fly anything!" He reached across the table and flicked one of D'Michael's hands with his fingers. "Don't you worry."

D'Michael smiled, still nervous but under enough control to not show it as much as before, and reached into his bag beside him. "Whelp, I couldn't find much on this island when I first got the invite but I know it's really humid and warm and stuff." he pulled out a brochure, titled Isla Nublar. "Found this. The place seems pretty isolated, though there's nothing to say why." He shrugged. "Doesn't seem dangerous."

"Huh." Jaden replied absentmindedly, taking the brochure and flipping it opened. He scanned it, took in the vibrant pictures of the greens and blues, the professional wording of the messages inside, before closing it and slipping it back to the kid with one final word of advice.

"Just know that it never does."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:30 pm

Dylan looked up at the jet the attendants were leading him to. Whoever is hosting this certainly spared no expense...Let's just hope this isn't some rich psycho playing a game. He resigned himself for the worst as he boarded the plane.

"Woah..." He stood a moment at the entrance just taking in the fancy interior of the jet. That rich psycho thing wasn't looking too far off base...
Dylan's gaze came to the kids now occupying two of the leather seats. He seriously hoped he wasn't right with the whole disaster thing. He hated seeing kids in danger. He stepped out onto the marble floor, his boots oddly making little sound as he walked silently to his seat. He placed his small bag on the table and leaned back in the chair.

He looked up as some noisy newcomers approached the jet.

Nathan was practically bursting with excitement as he and Ivero climbed the steps up to the jet. "This is gonna be great! I'm tellin' ya Ivero, my friend, you won't regret coming for this one."
"You always say that, and I always regret it." The elf shifted the bag on his shoulders and ran a finger along the point of his ears to make sure the spell hiding them from unwanted eyes was still in place.

The pair stepped into the jet and studied the design a bit.
Nathan chuckled, "Very posh, although I've seen posher."
Ivero rolled his eyes and shoved his friend further into the jet. "Way to be modest rich boy."
The demon couldn't help but grin, "Hey, you know it's true, you've seen my fathers jets."
"And you've seen my family's, can we just get to our seats? I'd rather get this trip over with before you can ruin it."
"Oh look sofas!" Nathan ignored his friend and made his way back to the cream sofas passed the other passengers and plopped himself onto one.
Ivero sighed and followed after him, glancing at the other three already seated as he passed.

Several other passengers boarded soon after and the crew begin final preparations for take off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:43 pm

D'Michael craned his head to get a better look at the loud man, watching as he stretched his back like a cat on the leather. "... Those do look like comfortable sofas." He murmured, smiling gently for no real reason. He turned back to Jaden, the smile growing.

"I'm going to enjoy this. I just know I am." he looked out his own window, not at all bothered by the bright light. "It's so freeing and light and airy... You know, I've never gone flying in a state of the art jet."

Jaden raised a brow at this but didn't say anything. D'Michael continued with a chuckle.

"It's true! We would always just poof somewhere, like magic... Well, not like magic, but you know what I mean. It was always so effortless, so..." he paused. "... So meaningless. We could do whatever whenever and things just kinda lost that sacred meaning in life." He stopped again.

"Like cooking. The French spend hours upon freaking hours for just one meal and we just snap our fingers and we've got a tastier steak than anyone could ever make."

"And it can talk." Jaden added with a mumble.

"Yeah, but we don't care, it's noting special even though it is!" he sat back against his seat. "It really is special. SO doing this like this, like normal people," he gestured to the guests around him. "It's a nice break. A makeup call of sorts. Life isn't easy as cake, not for everyone." His smile came back. "I like it."

Jaden didn't say a word after D'Michael's little speech there, opting to stare straight ahead and mull those words over in his head. They did kinda take things for granted, now that he thought about it. Being able to go anywhere, money never being an issue, always have a home, getting whatever you wanted... Hell, even protecting your loved ones wasn't an issue for the most part. When you had all the power and the time in the world, you learned things, little tips and tricks. Life, no matter how hard it was, became easy. He frowned.

"You're thinking too much, kid." He raised his hand and a well dressed stewardess came to his call, smiling brightly.

"Yes?"

"May we please have something to drink?"

"Of course, what would you like?"

"Coffee? Black?

"Of course." She turned to the other. "And you?"

D'Michael's gaze remained on Jaden, pondering what he had told him, before turning to the woman and smiling just as blindingly bright back. "Can I have a Sunny D, please?"

Her smile widened. "Of course. We'll be taking off soon, so please, make yourselves comfortable." And with that, she turned and walked off to the kitchen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:03 pm

Dylan blinked, "Picking up bits of the speech the boy across the row had given. Talking steak? They couldn't be... He shook his head dismissing the thought. It's a big universe.
He sighed a called over a flight attendant. "Ice water please."
The woman smiled and nodded, "Right away sir."

Nathan grinned and half sat half stood on his knees on the couch looking out the window behind it. "I hope it's not too long of a flight. It's supposed to be a couple hours or something right? Man I wanna see this island and what's so special about sending out such fancy invites for it."
Ivero chuckled, sitting on the sofa next to him. "Just sit down will ya, we'll be taking off soon."
"I knooooow. Isn't it exciting!" Nathan started to bounce on his knees.
"You're such a kid you know that? This is a private jet, could you show at least a little restraint."
Nathan flipped around and let himself fall back into a sitting position. "It's a private jet. You're supposed to be able to do whatever the hell you want." Nathan grinned at his friend. "So lighten up already! Enjoy the ride."
Iver sighed, "It's a private jet with other guests. Try to at least be considerate."
"Aw fine." Nathan slumped down into the sofa. "Spoil sport."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:37 pm

D'Michael laughed at the excited man behind him. "He's having fun."

Jaden just nodded, smiling up gratefully as the woman came back, handing him a steaming hot coffee in one of the paper cups with the plastic tops.

"Thank you." D'Michael smiled as he took the Sunny D that was offered to him. The woman walked away to attend the other guests that called for her. "She seems nice." he mused, watching her go and help an elderly woman. "I wonder how much they pay her? Probably not enough."

"You know," Jaden began. "I once met someone who felt that the most interesting people to be with were the ones who asked why and that she could spend days with them at a time."

D'Michael stared at him, waiting from the other to continue.

Jaden looked him square in the eye. "I've spent less than an hour with you and I can already tell that she was fucking wrong."

D'Michael made a face and cross his arms and legs, setting the drink down first. "Well, sorry." he grumbled, looking to the side.

Jaden sighed. "Me too." He tapped his finger on his leg a moment. "... Wanna know something else?"

"What." D'Michael bit out, still not looking at him.

"I just remember I'm deathly afraid of flying."

The younger snorted at this. "Alright, I forgive you. But what do you do? You're a Messenger!"

"Exactly. I'm a Messenger. I teleport." He looked around the cabin. "This isn't teleporting, this is suicide."

D'Michael laughed again and bumped Jaden's leg with his own. "Don't be such a scaredy cat! You can fly anything, you know what the signs are when something goes wrong. It'll be fine!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:44 pm

Nathan couldn't help himself and soon started bouncing in his seat again. He'd been cooped up at Ivero's house for a week now with nothing to do for the most part so he was excited to finally be going somewhere and doing something interesting. He just hoped the other passengers weren't boring rich snobs. A couple of them had given him that kind of arrogant look when they'd boarded the jet. He liked to laugh at those people since he enjoyed life more than most of them. He'd also noticed a couple scientist looking people on board. He was mulling over reasons why they would have been invited when the captain came on over the intercom announcing that they would be taking off now.
"Finally!" Nathan sat up on the sofa and grinned at two kids sitting across from him, a boy and a girl. "You guys ever been on a fancy jet like this before?"

They shook their heads in unison.
The boy spoke, "Nope. We've only been flying a couple times, but they were just big commercial flights."

Nathan chuckled, "Well then I welcome you to the land of private jets, where the rich and pompous take their ever so enormous sacks of money and spend it on pampering themselves in this lovely display of high class flying!"

Ivero rolled his eyes and smiled at his friend's remark.
The kids giggled, a little less afraid of this hyper teen they'd gotten stuck sitting by.

Dylan chuckled at the kids spiel about high class flying as the plane started to move across the runway. Dylan shifted in his seat and took a sip of the water the stewardess had brought him.
He really hoped this metal deathtrap stayed airborne through the flight. It would suck to have to try and crash land it in the middle of the ocean with all these kids on board. There always had to be kids involved. What was that Kristina has said once? You never get involved unless there are kids crying. Or something like that.
He leaned back in his seat and watched the landscape slip out from under the jet as they finally lifted into the air.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:41 pm

D'Michael looked across the aisle and looked at the man who sat in the chairs beside him. He was... well, he guessed he was kinda tall. Really tan, like those beach bums, and dark short hair. His brown jacket was laid on the seat beside his and his black t-shirt showed how the lean muscle that made up his arms and chest, arms painted with tattoos. Tan cargo pants over combat boots with random little strings of beads and talismans on a belt. And he recognized one.

"Do you know the Watcher?" He blurted out, obviously not thinking this situation through.

Jaden sputtered across from him, coughing on his hot coffee. "Dude!" he hissed, glaring at the kid. "You can just ask that! Ever if he is, we have no idea who's listening. No names, remember?"

"Oh, sorry!" D'Michael ducked his head submissively and apologetically, both emotions showing on his face. He turned back to the man. "Do you know, uhm... the lady with... the trench... coat..." he trailed off as his description grew worse and finally he just hid his face behind his bangs in embarrassment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:06 pm

Dylan chuckled and smiled at the boy, "Even if you don't use her name, anyone who's looking for her would probably know anyway. Most of her enemies are annoying like that. I take it you two are familiar with her friend."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:09 pm

D'Michael laughed giddily, the sound ringing loud and pure in the small cabin. He quickly smacked a hand over his mouth, as if to take back the volume of his laughter but the people whop had turned simply went back to what they were doing, uncaring.

"Sorry..." He apologized sheepishly. "It's just so weird! What are the odds of us running into someone who knows her?"

Jaden grinned on slightly, looking to the man to answer his previous question. "Yeah, we know her. We work with LC."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:27 pm

Dylan smiled, "The chances are higher than you think young one."
His paranoia had grown sky high when he'd figured these two were working with AlIaS. A coincidence like this just screamed something bad coming. He hoped they had gotten some kind of warning from Collette.
"Were you two, by any chance, sent here? On a mission of sorts?"

Nathan and Ivero had both perked up when they'd heard the Watcher mentioned by the people seated at the tables.
Nathan grinned and twisted his head to look out the window again. "Well this got interesting."
"It wasn't interesting when you got a fancy anonymous gold lettered invitation in the mail?"
"Well yeah it was, but now it's reeeeeally getting interesting." The demon chuckled. "I just hope we get to see this island and the plan doesn't just blow up." He half whispered to Ivero, half to himself. "Should be an interesting trip either way."
"Interesting...is that what you call getting in over our heads?" Ivero rested his head back on the sofa and glanced back to the people who apparently knew the Watcher. "Gotta wonder if they're friend or foe though."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:30 pm

"Actually, no." Jaden drawled, tapping his leg again. "We haven't seen her in a while. She's be out, gallivanting around, looking for someone." He shrugged. "No idea who. Probably Justin. He's been missing." He paused, another thought coming to mind. Worst case scenario, bitches. "Why? Did Library Lady?"

D'Michael bit his lip. If she had, then this couldn't be good. So much for an exciting vacation...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:36 pm

"Yes and no. It was all a bit confusing...I got the invitation and she went a bit serious for a minute and basically order me to come...she said to try and have fun, but I'm still doubting the sincerity of this little excursion." Dylan sighed. He really didn't want to make them paranoid or anything, but he didn't want to lie either. Lying would make it worse in the end anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:53 pm

D'iIchael sighed and fell back against the chair with a huff. "Yaaaay." was all he said, sarcasm oozing like tar. "... Now I know how they feel."

"Wonder what it could be..." Jaden pondered aloud, lifting up his window only slightly, intending to get a view of the sky but quickly shutting it was a wince and a hiss. "So bright!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:13 pm

Dylan shrugged and gazed out his own half opened window. "No use worrying about it just yet. We'll find out who or what it is soon enough."
Dylan was hoping that the fact that their ride was so fancy and expensive that that meant whoever was behind this was intending to play a game, meaning the players would be kept alive until they made it to the playing field. And that really wasn't any more comforting than thinking about the plane falling out of the sky...he'd take a plane crash over a crazy rich psychopath any day. Crashes were easier to survive than the twisted games some people could come up with. He rubbed one of his forearms out of habit, his tattoos and ever present reminder of the games some were willing to play.

Nathan smiled to himself, wondering at the chances of running into three people who knew the Watcher.
The two kids had apparently grown bored of him since he'd calmed a bit and wasn't bouncing on the sofa anymore. So now all he had to occupy himself was a half dead ipod he'd forgotten to charge before they left, and seeing what all the flight attendants had stocked in whatever mini-fridge they had in the kitchen.
He was more than pleased to discover they had both Coke and Pepsi products along with some South American brands he didn't trust, plus some high class mineral water from the Alps or something like that.
Of course the stewardess wouldn't let him have any of the alcoholic drinks, but he didn't really care about that.

He leaned back as best he could on the sofa and sipped his Pepsi. A few hours and they'd be on some tropical island sipping fruity drinks or something. If the whole place didn't blow up before that.
He was staring to wonder just what kind of trouble might be waiting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:20 pm

D'Michael glanced out the window, then did a double take. He moved quickly, plastering his face to the plastic, hands flat on the wall on either side of his head. Then he pulled back.

"... Jaden?"

"Yeeeeeees~?" Jaden cooed, slowly turning his neck with a smile creepy enough to rival an evil clown's.

D'Michael made no expression.

His grin falling, Jaden sighed. "Fine. What?"

"How long have we been in the air?"

"I dunno." he shrugged. "30 minutes? Why?"

"Cause we're here."

To reiterate his point, D'Michael jabbed his finger into the hard window, eyes still locked with Jaden's. Who didn't move for a second, then moved all at once, throwing his own window open and looking outside. "Gaaaah, my eyes!" Eventually, the burn went away and he saw it. A green, lush, tropical island, all high hills and mountain range with a valley in the middle. He blinked.

"... Holy shit."

Fast forwarding reality?

Never a good sign.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:36 pm

Dylan craned his neck to see out the window. "Well that's convenient...and also a really bad sign..." The crazy psychopath is impatient. That's great. And of course no one else here was going to notice the sudden lack of a five hour flight. He glanced back at the other passengers, one of which now had his face plastered to a window with two kids on either side. He looked a bit old for that, but Dylan dismissed it.

Nathan stared intently down at the luscious tropical island below.
"Okay...I dunno about you guys..."
He talked to the two excited kids on either side of them, not really expecting them to care enough to pay attention, but he felt like pointing it out anyway,
" But last I checked Costa Rica wasn't even close to being just thirty minutes from anywhere in California."
He frowned, suddenly not liking the aspect of actually finding some serious trouble on this trip. More than just the normal, kidnappers and terrorists kind of trouble.
"And my geography is pretty awesome if I do say so myself."

The children ignored him for the most part, consumed by their excitement on arriving at their destination.

Ivero frowned, really not liking where this trip was going. A five hour trip didn't usually drop to thirty minutes. No matter what kind of jet this was.
He guessed there had to be some kind of trick keeping the human passengers from noticing, but considering he and Nathan had gotten invitations in the elven realm suggested whoever sent them would know that the two boys wouldn't be effected by such tricks. And obviously they didn't care since whoever it was was still willing to use the trick to get them to the island faster.
Not taking any chances maybe? Or just not wanting to wait... Either way it was bound to be bad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:43 pm

Jaden fell back into his seat, suddenly that much less excited about this trip. He looked to the man. "Well, first off, I'm Jaden. That's D'Michael." he said with a jerk of his head to the ashen haired boy who still had his face against the window. "We're with the Bearers," held up his tattooed palm after pulling off the glove. "And did the Watcher say anything about this to you?"

D'Michael gasped. "There's something flying away!"

"What?" Jaden moved back to the window.

"Look!" the kid exclaimed, pointing to one of the peaks. "It just went around it!"

"What did it look like?"

"..." D'Michael bit his lip. "... A pterodactyl?"

Jaden blanched. "... Are you serious."

D'Michael shook his head. "It's bright. I probably got it wrong." He turned to Dylan.

"What's the name of this place again?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:58 am

Dylan frowned, "Isla Nublar...the Watcher went quiet after reading that name...unfortunately she failed to mention why." He leaned back into his chair and ran a hand over his face,
"Isla Nublar...and you thought you saw a pterodactyl..." His mind was racing now. Why did this all seem familiar? A mysterious invite to a tropical island, conveniently not explaining anything about what was on the island, just the name.
He turned his thoughts to the other passengers hoping that would give some kind of clue. With himself and the two boys there were associations with the Watcher and AlIaS, not usually a good sign, but moving on there were a few other kids, some rich people, some kind of scientists, and a few random others. So that got him nowhere.
"There has to be something..." He sighed, "That woman just loves to not fill me in on these things. I suppose we'll find out once we land. Anyway, my name's Dylan."

"Ivero."
The elf looked up at his friend who was still plastered to the window across from him, "Yes?"
"I think...I just saw a bird...a very very large bird, that looked far too...leathery, to be a bird..."
"You mean bat?"
"Nooooo, I mean bird, but...leathery like a bat, but it flew like a bird, not a bat. And it was far to massive to be either."
Ivero sighed, "Maybe it was a dragon or something. The invitation did say we'd see otherworldly oddities."
Nathan pouted, "I know dragons when I see them elf boy, so trust me when I say that was not a dragon."
Ivero raised an eyebrow, "I'll take your word for it. But if it wasn't that, or a bird or bat, then what else do you think it was?"
"I have no idea. I couldn't get a good enough look at it before it went behind the mountain." The demon huffed and slid down to sit on the sofa between the two kids who still stood on it peering out the window. "This shall most certainly be an interesting trip."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:22 pm

D'Michael cocked his head to the side. Then looked up at Jaden. "Those people back there saw it too. Should we talk to them?"

The older frowned. "I don't know. Don't you think the irony of this, and the impossibility of that are just too much? Hell, they could be behind this..." He looked across the the dark hair teens, gnawing on his lower lip. "It's just gotten a bit too weird for my tastes..."

"Seriously?"

Jaden looked to D'Michael, confused.

"Dude, you work with Justin and this is too weird? Seriously?"

The older frowned. "Whatever. Go talk to your new buddies then."

D'Michael rolled his eyes before turning in his seat. "Hey!" he called to them, waving a bit. "I'm D'Michael! Who're you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:29 pm

The two boys turned their attention to D'Michael a bit surprised by his sudden introduction.
"Hey! I'm Nathan!" He grinned, happy to get introductions out of the way before they landed on the weird island.
Ivero was a bit more wary, "Hello. I am Ivero."

Nathan inched forward on his sofa so he could see the boy better since he had moved to sit on the side opposite Ivero. "So are you guys as suspicious of this whole thing as we are or is this kinda thing like...normal here?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:34 pm

"This is the weirdest shit that's ever happened to me on a vacation." Jaden deadpanned from across the table. "Seriously, I don't time travel. Ever. And for a very good reason." he finished with a low mumble, looking out the window again.

D'Michael nodded. "It isn't normal... Well, it's a regular thing, kinda, for us," he added, motioning between him and Jaden. "And possibly him," and pointed to Dylan. "But not for... yeah." he looked down at his hands. "I'm not making any sense..."

"Better to have tried, then failed, than to have never tried at all." Jaden encouraged, still staring out the window. His face went grim. "We're about to land."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:48 pm

"You're actually making a lot of sense. Or at least enough than me and Ivero can follow you. We're kinda used to weird stuff too." Nathan turned back to look through the window again. The familiar spiel from the captain as he announced their arrival came through speakers and he could feel the landing gear come down.
"Damn this island is lush...look at all the jungle."
"Well it is a tropical island." The little girl next to him pointed out.
"Yes, but there's usually more deforestation than this on populated islands, even if it is just populated by some rich company...and the trees...all the plant life really, it all looks weird somehow..."
"Well it's an isolated island. It probably has some plant life that's not on the mainland." That was the boy on his other side.
"You know, I like you kids, and I'd really really like to believe that naivety was true, buuuuuut considering a few of the passengers here and the thirty minute five hour flight I highly doubt it's that simple..."
"You're just overreacting."
"I hope so..." Nathan frowned as a small runway on the island drew closer and closer.

Dylan leaned to look out his own window and view the island for himself. The kid had the right idea. That kind of plant life shouldn't be here...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:02 pm

Jaden blinked. "... Dude... Those trees..."

D'Michael frowned and craned his neck for a better view to see what he saw. The trees were being shoved to the side by something huge, like waves. A couple actually feel down, crashing into the greenery. He swallowed thickly.

"... Yay."

Jaden ran a hand through his hair. "10 bucks it's Godzilla."

"This is serious, Jaden." he retorted with a glare.

"Does it look like I'm joking to you?"

D'Michael's frown deepened as the plane hit the ground, much more gently than normal.

"Great." he growled, crossing his arms. "Even the plane is supernatural."

"I don't think this is the supernatural, kid..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Like Watching a Movie.   

Back to top Go down

Like Watching a Movie.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next