Goatface

GOATS

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

New Beginning

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
LC

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 08, 2011 4:28 pm

Justin bit back a whimper, still utterly terrified by the prospect of going beyond these sanitized walls.

"Maybe I am brainwashed... but that doesn't mean I'm not scared...." he whispered, pleading with James to understand. All he knew about the outside world was what the nurses had told him. Granted, they probably exaggerated to lessen the chances of him trying to leave, but it all still seemed pretty terrible.

Still...

He sucked in a deep breath.

"But.... if you think you can protect me..." Justin trailed off, just settling for a nod. "Okay."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dictionary

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 08, 2011 4:35 pm

"Hey, it's okay to be scared. The world is a big place and there are some terrible people in it, but there's also so much out there that is too amazing to not see. You'll just need to trust me for a while and I'll do everything I can to help."

This was going to be difficult, but he wouldn't give up until he got Justin out of here.

"But I probably should go. We can't get caught and I don't want you to get in trouble. We can talk more about all this tonight..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://artdiva101.deviantart.com/
LC

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 08, 2011 4:37 pm

Justin nodded, expression grim. "Yeah. I have to go see a dissection... Well, actually, I probably missed that." He sighed. "So no rations tonight. I'm due for the mazes in about 10 minutes, then."

He sent a watery smile in James' direction.

"But... we'll see each other tonight, right?"

He could feel the burn, still, though it was already down to a faint tingle on his skin. Not very unpleasant, actually, when he thought about what it meant. Who it represented.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dictionary

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 08, 2011 4:41 pm

James nodded. "Yeah..."

...dissection? Mazes? God. He needs to be out of here now.

He took a heavy step in the direction of the door. A gloom settled in his chest at the thought of leaving Justin here.
Back to top Go down
LC

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 08, 2011 4:45 pm

Justin ducked his head and clasped his hands together, twiddling his fingers.

"I..." He cleared his throat, suddenly horrified at the prospect of James leaving. He knew he had to, and that he'd been pushing for it just mere moments ago, but now that the moment actually came, it settled in around his heart like a stifling black fog, clouding all his better judgement.

"I'll miss you..." was all he could offer, voice weak and broken.

"If you do find a way to get me out..." Which I highly doubt. "... Then, I'll look forward to seeing you again. In person."

He looked up at James with wet, dewy eyes.

"See you tonight?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dictionary

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 08, 2011 4:52 pm

James fought back the sudden urge to hug the boy. He'd probably break him or something.

"Yeah, same here," James replied, a wave of sadness rising in his chest.

"And we'll see each other soon."

He didn't know what else to say. Why was this so hard? He had just met the guy last night, he shouldn't feel so...James couldn't even find the right word.

He placed his hand on the cold handle of the door and opened it softly, careful not to make any noise. The blond held the door open for Justin then let it shut with a soft click.
Back to top Go down
LC

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 08, 2011 5:01 pm

Justin ducked his head again and darted into the hallway, practically sprinting down the opposite direction that James needed to go, not looking back.

He needed to hurry. The doctors would be mad, they'd probably been waiting for him, they would give him another session and he didn't think he could handle another session, he'd had on just two days ago. The sessions hurt, made him cry, made him hate himself in a way that no one else could make him. He'd stare at his hands when it was over and just pray that one day one of the ceilings were just fall on him in a freak accident and end it all.

He felt disgusting after the sessions. Like a scum-caked rag that smelled of gasoline or a decayed corpse of a rat. Whenever he got to clean himself after the sessions, he'd scrub and claw at his skin till it was raw and he bled. The nurses would just look at him with even more repulsion when he came out, sneering, curling their lips, not even making eye contact. it didn't really help.

He was breathing heavily by the time he made it to the section put off for the mazes. The mazes were basically when they'd throw Justin and some psychotic patient that had finally lost its mind in a maze and tell the patient to catch Justin in return for freedom. Justin would try to get out of the maze before the person caught him but he usually didn't have that type of luck. He'd have to fight the screeching shell of a human with his bare hands, snap their neck or stop their air. He didn't have any other option, besides die. And even then, the doctors would never let him die.

One time, a patient an gotten close to killing him. Justin had been through three mazes that day already, he had been tired and starved. The man or woman, he hadn't been sure, had caught him off guard, shrieking as it rounded a corner and tried to tear his eyes out, biting for his jugular to rip his throat out. And Justin had been too stunned, was knocked over and hit his head. He couldn't fight back. The thing was moments from taking his eye when these men in the dark, SWAT team-like uniforms had burst into view and shot the patient's head off before he could be killed. Then grabbed him by the arms and dragged him out. He'd gotten a session that night too.

Justin bowed his head as the doctors turned, aware of his presence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dictionary

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 08, 2011 5:12 pm

James rounded the corner and stood in the hall where the group had first been. They had just spent about fifteen, maybe twenty minutes in the closet, and thankfully the group was still there. The teacher was yelling at the students to stop shoving each other and shut their mouths so their tour guide could continue telling them about the history of the hospital.

James slunk back to the edge of the group, thankful that nobody appeared to have noticed his absence.
Back to top Go down
LC

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 08, 2011 5:19 pm

-Later that Night-

Justin practically dragged himself into the hospital bed, completely spent. A session. Always with the bloody sessions. It was their favorite way to discipline him, to make him submit. Feel lower than dirt. So that there was no way he'd try to fight back.

And the worst part was hat it worked.

He'd never think of hurting one of them... Not with what they could do to him...

He gave an empty sigh and drifted off to sleep as the chemicals took control of his body.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dictionary

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 08, 2011 5:30 pm

James kicked off his shoes and flopped onto his bed, groaning. He hadn't been able to stop worrying about Justin all day. The rest of the day passed in grey blur that wasn't even worth the effort of remembering. He needed to be asleep. Now.

So of course he wasted an hour tossing and turning in his sheets because his mind wouldn't stop coming up with excuses to not sleep. Like more worrying. Or imagining that this whole thing had been one big dream and Justin was just a figment of his imagination and-

...Maybe I should knock myself unconscious or something.
Back to top Go down
LC

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 08, 2011 5:33 pm

Saint flinched at the sound of something out there, suddenly aware of how completely alone he really was. James wasn't here yet. He was alone. Alone, alone, alone.

"Someone out there?!" he called out desperately, feeling cold.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dictionary

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 08, 2011 5:42 pm

Lilith pulled on her suspenders restlessly as she waited for Derek to appear. He always stayed up so late. He really needed to get to bed earlier. Especially on school nights. Since tonight was Thursday and all.

"Someone out there?!"

Lilith snapped to attention. That sounded like one of the boys from last night.

"Yeah, I'm here!"

Lilith followed the frail voice and found Saint huddling with crossed arms, looking absolutely terrified.

"Saint! Are you okay? Did you and Camden get the Binding?"

Finally, James was able to calm his thoughts and slowly let his mind wander to the state of sleep.
Back to top Go down
LC

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 08, 2011 5:44 pm

Saint blinked, a bit surprised by the girl's sudden appearance, before he remembered her question and bobbed his head up and down quickly, not wanting to talk.

He looked around one more time for James. He felt so much more comfortable around him for some reason. At least he would be able to understand now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dictionary

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 08, 2011 5:48 pm

Lilith let a small sigh of relief escape from her lips.

"Good. Then whenever he falls asleep, he should appear right by you, so you won't have to go searching for each other. Your binding will probably glow or tingle a few seconds before he appears."

The kid really looked like he didn't want to talk, so she decided to not ask how their meeting had gone.
Back to top Go down
LC

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 08, 2011 5:53 pm

Justin just nodded again obediently when he felt it. The burn started to, well, burn. Full throttle, the same agonizing feeling of his flesh being singed. He screamed in surprised and pain, clutching at the mark on his hip.

Whelp, maybe that's what she meant by "tingle".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dictionary

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 08, 2011 5:57 pm

Lilith watched with concern, but there wasn't much she could do to help.

A faint hazy silhouette formed a few steps away from Justin, slowly becoming more solid and opaque.

"Jus-"

"For the love of God don't use your real names!"

Lilith hadn't meant to explode. She just had no patience for newbies risking their lives with every word that came out of their mouths.

"...S-sorry," Camden muttered, looking down. He was barefoot, wearing his sweatpants and an old t-shirt. His blue hair glowed a little in the swirling light.
Back to top Go down
LC

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 08, 2011 6:00 pm

Saint swallowed thickly at her outburst before turning soft eyes to Camden.

"Hey..." He greeted quietly with just the barest hint of a smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dictionary

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 08, 2011 6:16 pm

"Hi," Camden replied, smiling right back.

Lilith could see this was going to get awkward really quickly. And it was only going to get worse when Derek got here. Oh lovely.

"...Right. Yo. Now Camden, tonight you're going to finish transforming. With an outfit and everything. You can't really fight Nightmares in your pajamas, as cute as that would be."

He shifted from foot to foot, face tinged red.

"Yeah..."

"Kay so do what you did last time. Imagine yourself in front of a mirror and start changing how you look until you like it. Maybe make it sort of coordinate with saint's outfit. Whatever floats your boat."

"...what if I pass out or something like I almost did last time?"

"You won't. Each time you become Lucid, you get a little stronger. You should be perfectly capable of this by now."

He nodded uncertainly, then closed his eyes and imagined a long mirror standing in front of him. The first thing he got rid of were his glasses. He altered his vision until he could see just as clearly as he could with glasses. Then he tinted his eyes a bright neon blue. He liked blue. A lot.

Next he visualized a long sleeved shirt striped black and, again, neon blue. A vest settled on his shoulders. It was made of different scraps of fabric in varied shades of blue, white, and black. His sweat pants melded into torn up skinny jeans and a few belts hung from the loops. He settled on combat boots like Saint's for shoes.

James swayed a little, suddenly dizzy.

"You alright?"

He nodded after a moment.
Back to top Go down
LC

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 08, 2011 8:04 pm

Justin gave Camden a once over, deciding that he liked the new look, but still preferred the endearing blond with the bad eyesight. Which was good because that was the real Camden, or James, and this one was fake. It was best to love the original.

Wait, love?

Where the hell had that come from?

Justin frowned subconsciously. He'd only heard of love from the gossip of the newer female nurses. The ones that actually made an effort to smile at him. That went away after the first couple of weeks, of course, as did the gossiping. Still...

He had absolutely no experience in many of the more human emotions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dictionary

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 08, 2011 8:12 pm

"...You know what I might as well start by showing you two all of the Realms and showing you how to travel from one to another. That should keep you occupied for a while. Maybe after that I can show you guys how to make mind connections. They're useful," Lilith grumbled.

Camden nodded, resisting the urge to just stare at Saint. He kept his eyes on his boots and watched as pale blue reflections flickered on the shiny dark surface.

"Kay, everyone hold hands. Awkward and stupid, yes, but it helps you recover more quickly after the first time you travel to a different Realm."

Lilith held out one hand to each boy.

Back to top Go down
LC

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 08, 2011 8:36 pm

Justin frowned at the girl's hand but took it, still. He took in a deep breath and looked at Camden, grinning again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dictionary

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 08, 2011 8:43 pm

Camden took her hand without hesitation and smiled back at Saint.

"Okay. Observe what happens when we travel to the Lucid Realm."

Lilith took a step forward and faded from sight, though camden could still feel her hand in his.

"I...think we're supposed to follow-"

Camden was cut off as the hand yanked him forward. He fell face flat on the glassy ground-...What had happened to the blue swirls?

"You know, I kind of intended you two to sort of. You know. Follow me. I didn't think I'd have to actually drag you through. I'll keep that in mind next time."

She sounded annoyed.
Back to top Go down
LC

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 08, 2011 8:46 pm

Justin scowled.

"We had all of one second to even process that you were gone." he spat out through grit teeth. "Don't expect us to be freagin' wunderkinds, alright? Give us a break." He narrowed his eyes and crossed his arms, unbelievably pissed all of a sudden. Which was weird. Because that had never ever happened before.

First time for everything, right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dictionary

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 08, 2011 9:12 pm

Lilith raised an eyebrow and opened her mouth to reply, but she lost her train of thought when her hand began to tingle.

There was a brief flare of light as Derek appeared, blinking blearily. He perked up when he saw Saint and Camden.

"I told you they'd find a way to make the Binding work! Awesome job guys. The rest of this is cake."

Camden was too busy trying to get up to notice much of what was going on. It was weird. There was this strange white mist floating in hazy clumps. And it was sort of pulling him down onto the ground.
Back to top Go down
LC

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Mon May 09, 2011 6:19 pm

Justin looked to Derek in surprise. "What's the rest?" he asked carefully.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   

Back to top Go down

New Beginning
Page 4 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next