Goatface

GOATS

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

New Beginning

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Dictionary

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sat May 07, 2011 11:17 pm

James looked at the boy in alarm.
"Are you okay?! Did I hurt you or something? I-"
He was at a loss. If this kid was going to pass out just because he had touched him...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://artdiva101.deviantart.com/
LC

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sat May 07, 2011 11:19 pm

"I-I'm fine!" he said quickly, not yet wanting him to let go. "It's just..." he faltered, not sure how to explain it. The Reals didn't understand these sorts of things. He licked his lips.

"H-hi... I remember you... Kinda..." He smiled up at him, unsure. "What's your name?"

Last edited by LC on Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dictionary

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sat May 07, 2011 11:44 pm

James sighed in relief and smiled back.
"I'm James. I chose the name Camden before. Why...why are you here? It doens't look like these people are helping you. At all."
He still hadn't taken his hand off the boy's shoulder. It looked like it kept him calm.
Back to top Go down
LC

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sat May 07, 2011 11:48 pm

Justin shuddered, though it wasn't from pain this time, thank God, and placed a bony hand over the one on his shoulder. Just in case.

"I've been here since I was born..." he licked his lips again, they were really dry all of a sudden. "I've never known anything else..." He ducked his head, ashamed. "I wish I did. This place, these people... they aren't very nice. They just see me as some test subject. Don't even call me by my name. You wanna know what they call me?" He looked up at James with wide, hurt eyes. "A number. 32589. I'm just another number in the system to them."

He didn't know why he had the urge to pour his heart out to this kid. He just knew he wouldn't ever hurt him.

"It's not safe here..." He swallowed, eyes blurring with tears. Funny, he hadn't cried in years... "You need to leave. I don't want them to hurt you. Even though you're a Real, it won't stop them."

Last edited by LC on Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dictionary

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sat May 07, 2011 11:54 pm

James stared at him, moved by the emotion pouring from the boy.

"W-well I'm here on a field trip and we aren't leaving for a few more hours. And...I don't want to leave you here. You need to get out of here. I'll...I'll find a way to get you out! And-"

His eyes went blurry for a moment as the memory of a voice spoke in his head.

"Look, it's really really important that you guys get the binding tomorrow after you wake up. If you don't, I can guarantee that something's going to go horribly wrong tomorrow night and I don't know if there's anything me or Lilith will be able to do to help you guys out of it."

"...We need to b-bind ourselves or something. It's important."
Back to top Go down
LC

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sat May 07, 2011 11:56 pm

Justin shook his head, incredulous.

"How the hell are we going to do that? Have sex? I don't know how else to bind human beings!" He slumped back against the wall, lost. "I mean... What do we use? All I can think of, is like, a mark or something..."

He looked back up at James helplessly.

"What do we do? I need to get you out of here. I don't want you to get hurt!" I don't want to watch them hurt you... was what he thought. Nothing seemed worse than that.

"They could kill you if they find you. We need to do this fast, whatever it is."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dictionary

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 08, 2011 12:01 am

James bit his lip, mind racing. God, his mind was still so fuzzy with that dream. Big chunks were missing. He could remember something about...clothing? But what would that have to do with anything?

"Okay I remember something about clothing...maybe exchanging...or...t..tattoos? I can't...Ugh my mind is not working today," James groaned.
Back to top Go down
LC

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 08, 2011 12:02 am

Justin made a face. "You'd never make it out of here with some of my scrubs. And I'd never get away with something of yours. But tattoos..." he trailed off, biting his lip.

"We... we could burn ourselves....?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dictionary

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 08, 2011 12:09 am

James nodded slowly.

"Yeah...yeah we could do that. I...could have sworn there was something special we had to do with what designs we chose...Do you remember any of that?"

(as in saint needs his tattoo to represent camden and camden's tattoo needs to represent saint)
Back to top Go down
LC

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 08, 2011 12:14 am

Justin nodded haltingly. "They... mine needs to represent you... and yours needs to represent mine..." He set his face in grim determination, standing quickly, meaning to lead James further into the institute to find the required tools. But the movement had caused James' hand to slip from his shoulder and the waves of pain came crashing down again, forcing him to his knees.

Each breath became painful again, his bones ached and quaked, and his body swam, his stomach churned with all the chemicals shooting trough his veins. He chocked back a sob, and brought his hands to his face, pressing in his eyes to try and soothe the headache.

"We... we need to go... to the supply closet" he bit out, shaking again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dictionary

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 08, 2011 12:21 am

James reached for the other boy's hand and held it gently.
"Lead the way," he said softly.
It was obvious that his touch helped the boy feel better. James didn't really care how stupid it would look to be holding a boy's hand. he looked like he could drop dead at any given moment. Anything that helped was necessary.
Back to top Go down
LC

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 08, 2011 12:28 am

Justin almost moaned at how good it felt to be pain-free. He flashed a grateful smile at James before standing and darting down the hallway, hoping that no one else would see them. He peaked cautiously around a corner before bolting down another stretch of the hall, screeching to a halt at the appearance of a greenish blue door with a sign that read "supplies" on the top.

"Here." He breathed, reaching for the knob and twisting it open. He pulled James into the closet, darted his eyes around for a sign of anyone else, then stepped into the closet and shut the door behind him. They were swathed in darkness before Justin turned on the light, flicking the switch upright.

"This... This will hurt." James more-so than him, since he was used to the occasional branding. They liked testing his pain tolerance. Still, it'd feel wrong not warning the boy.

"I..." again, he licked his lips. 'Please don't scream."

He began searching the shelves for the hot rods, a metallic rod that would heat up when plugged into the wall with its power cord. They used them a lot, he knew how to work it.

"What should we make the symbol?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dictionary

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 08, 2011 12:39 am

James shifted awkwardly.
"Uh, I have no idea to be perfectly honest. I can't really think of anything that represents me...What about you? You could do like...a cross or something, since your name is Saint."
Back to top Go down
LC

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 08, 2011 12:43 am

Justin pulled down the rods from the shelf, suddenly upset. He'd have to burn the other boy.

"... Yeah, that works." he submitted quietly, turning around and not meeting his eyes. "I... We'll have to do this on our hips or something. I can't let the doctors see it..." He gave a lifeless chuckle. "They'll kill me..." He looked up, eyes sorrowful. "I'm sorry. I don't want to hurt you. Really."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dictionary

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 08, 2011 1:04 am

James touched him on the shoulder again, just with his fingertips.

"Hey, it's fine. I'm going to have to burn you too. You can't be planning on doing it yourself. The binding will probably work better if we do it to each other anyway. Don't worry so much about it. We should just get this over with."

He swallowed and shrugged his shirt off, keeping his eyes away from the brand.

"Maybe...maybe we should just combine my initials or something for my symbol. Nice and easy, right?"

James chuckled nervously.
Back to top Go down
LC

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 08, 2011 1:18 am

Justin nodded numbly, practically tearing himself up on the inside for being about to hurt the one person who seemed like they gave a rat's ass about him. He forced his fear and sadness down with a swallow before gently grazing his fingertips along James' hip.

He tried not to act surprised as James flinched suddenly, a loud gasp escaping the boy above. He looked up questioningly, asking with his eyes if he had accidentally hurt him, but James shook his head no and ducked his head, cheeks reddening. James waved his hand to gesture at Justin to keep going to which he nodded.

Steadying his shaking hand, Justin held the rod, which had a now burning orange tip, centimeters away from the unblemished skin, pissed with himself for doing this.

"On three... One..."

He heard James take in a deep breath.

"Two."

He placed the scalding metal on the skin, wincing at the hiss. He watched, hating himself more and more by the second, as hands fisted tightly, nails digging painfully into the skin. He glanced up to see James bite his lip, a quiet whimper leaving his throat, but nothing else.

"Sorry..." Just murmured as he began to drag the metal across the skin. He worked quickly, using his limited artistic ability to make this represent him or something and look mildly interesting. Basically, he drew a cross. Simple enough and quick enough, though he knew it wasn't, well, enough. To finish it off and make it hopefully personal enough, Justin burnt an uppercase J on the top right of the cross and an uppercase S on the top left. Justin and Saint. That'd work. Hell, it would've been kinda cool, if the smell of burnt flesh hadn't been stinging Justin' eyes the whole time.

He felt sick.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dictionary

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 08, 2011 1:55 am

James shuddered and breathed through his teeth. He slowly opened his eyes to find that his hip was finished and probably had been for at least 30 seconds. He hadn't even felt the brand leave his skin.

"I-It's not s-so bad," he muttered, trying to make the other boy feel better.

He glanced down at the brand. The cross stood out from his skin like a living flame.

"Hey, it looks pretty co-ol. N-nice job."

God he needed an icy shower right now.

"I'm so sorry," the boy murmured as he handed the rod to James.

"You don't have to be sorry, Saint, it's fi-...You never told me your real name, did you?"

"Justin."

James smiled. "I like that. Okay so...on the count of three I guess. Might as well do it the same way as you did with me."

Justin nodded and lifted up the fabric of his shirt so that the pale skin of his right hip was revealed. A few pale scars ran up his skin and disappeared under the fabric of his clothes.

James pressed his lips together in a thin line and winced as he placed the rod just above where he was going to burn in the design. Justin was shaking slightly as james traced the design over the skin with his eyes, imagining it burned into the skin. Finally, he sighed and pressed the rod into the boy's tender skin. Justin yelped and jerked away slightly from the rod. He writhed as James drew in the symbol as quickly as he could. He started with the curve of an uppercase C. A sideways uppercase J closed off the C and went inside to jut out the left side like a hook. At least Justin had stopped pulling away, now he was biting hard into his index finger.
James pulled the rod away quickly and set it back on the shelf where Justin had taken it.

"You okay?"

So the blatantly stupid question had found a way to worm it's way out of his mouth despite all of his attempts to keep it away.
Back to top Go down
LC

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 08, 2011 1:58 am

Justin gasped, trying to calm his racing heartbeat. Funny, usually he withstood pain much better than that.

"F-Fine..." he swallowed again and licked his lips. "I'm fine.... You.... You need to leave..."

God, it hurt him to say that...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dictionary

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 08, 2011 2:04 am

"We're going to be here for another 2 hours or so. I'd rather spend that time with you figuring out how to get you out of here than with the idiots who call themselves my peers."

Everything was happening so fast. James didn't want to have to leave Justin even if he'd see him again tonight. He would hate himself if he went home without at least trying to get this poor kid out of here. Living like this, it was killing him. James would not stand having to watch his new partner slowly rot away.

(...dude. i typoed justin as lustin.>U> CELESTE NOW HAS HER REVENGE FOR THOSE INCEST JOKES -shotdown-)
Back to top Go down
LC

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 08, 2011 9:16 am

"But if they find you, they'll kill you!" How many times was he going to have to say this? "They don't want any information on the true patients to get out, they have to keep it a secret!" He paused. "Or do you want to be skinned and cut open like a frog in a biology class?" Maybe the scare tactic would have some sort of effect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dictionary

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 08, 2011 1:50 pm

"I have to get you out of here," James repeated.

"This-this isn't human. I won't be able to live with myself if I let you stay here to die. Being skinned alive would be a better fate because at least I would have tried to help you. I hardly have anything to live for anyway."

He reached up to Justin to brush some stray hair out of his eyes.

"You deserve better than this," he whispered.
Back to top Go down
LC

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 08, 2011 3:48 pm

Justin blinked at the intimate touch, completely unaccustomed to displays of any sort of positive feelings before stammering out "I-I-I don't even know what it's like out there!"

His lower lip quivered, though not from oncoming tears. He felt lost and confused, rushed, at the foot of probably the most monumental event in his life and completely ignorant on what he should do, how he should react.

"H-how would you even get me out? Security knows my face. I'd never get in the elevator."

Maybe logic would work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dictionary

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 08, 2011 3:56 pm

"...I'm pretty sure my parents could work something out. They're...I don't even know what they do. I learned a while ago not to ask. All I know is when I want something, they give it to me. No questions asked."

James shuddered a little. He had no idea what a person had to do to get that kind of power and influence. And he didn't really want to know either.

"Just have a bit of hope. I'm going to get you out of here one way or another. I'll help you learn how to live outside of this place, you won't be alone. I probably won't be able to do anything today, right now, but we'll figure something out soon, I promise."

He gave Justin a small smile.

"I won't leave you here. I'll probably have you out of here in a week tops."
Back to top Go down
LC

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 08, 2011 4:00 pm

He sighed heavily, seeing that his words had absolutely no effect.

"I can't live outside of the institute... My Attacks will kill me, and this is the only place that has the medication. And I'm even sicker beyond that, I'd never make it past the door. The outside air would kill me, I'd probably die from pneumonia within the month."

He bit his lip.

"... And the people outside... The Reals... they're cold. They don't care. They don't understand and they're just plain evil. All that killing, the torture, the war. How is it safer for me out there? Yes, I don't exactly have the nicest life here and yes, it's basically all one blurry mass of pain, but is it really any worse than life out there? In here, I'm safe. Contained."

He paused, gathering his courage to go on.

"... I'm not human. They'll sooner kill me out there than the people in here."

Last edited by LC on Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dictionary

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 08, 2011 4:18 pm

"....Justin, what have they done to you? Can't you see that these people...they've brainwashed you. I mean, yeah, there's some really cruel people out there, but it sounds like the people who do this to you are just as horrible. And out there...you can live. Have you ever seen stars? Or a sunset? Have you ever helped a girl pick up her textbooks because she dropped them and nobody else cared enough to help? There are people outside who do care. People who will see your physical state and just be filled with sadness because they can't help you no matter how much they want to."

James bit his lip, taking in all that he had said. Talk about sappy.

And it was about to get sappier.

"If you aren't human, then I'm not either. So we should stick together to make it through. I wouldn't let anyone hurt you out there."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   

Back to top Go down

New Beginning
Page 3 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next