Goatface

GOATS

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

New Beginning

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Dictionary

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Mon May 09, 2011 6:26 pm

"...2 years of learning how to fight Nightmares without getting killed."

Finally, Camden managed to get up. He rubbed at the skin on the palms his hands, frowning. His hands were red and chafed from trying to get free of the white mist.

Lilith grabbed his hand without a word and a a puddle of glowing light spread over the skin, leaving it unblemished and perfect in seconds. Camden jerked away in surprise.

"Calm down I just healed you a little," she chuckled, brushing little traces of light from her hands like it was dirt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://artdiva101.deviantart.com/
LC

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Mon May 09, 2011 6:29 pm

Justin looked at her hands, eye brow furrowed in confusion.

"You... you can heal people?"

That was unfathomable to him. Figures.

"How can you just heal a body? That's not possible."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dictionary

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Mon May 09, 2011 6:33 pm

"Hey, you can do it too. I just haven't showed you how yet. That's a much more advanced technique that you don't get to know yet. We're just learning basics first," Lilith replied matter-of-factly.

Derek smiled sympathetically at the dumbfounded expressions on their faces.

"You get used to all the weirdness after about a week."
Back to top Go down
LC

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Mon May 09, 2011 6:34 pm

Justin frowned. "But why don't you heal people who need it? Isn't it kinda selfish to just keep it to yourself? Or does it only work in dreams?"

Another though came to mind.

"If we get hurt here... what happens when we wake up?"

It'd be hard to explain certain injuries to the doctors. The occasional scratch or bruise, yes. They were aware of his nightmares. But looking full on battle scarred after a "good night's sleep"? That'd take the cake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dictionary

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Mon May 09, 2011 6:46 pm

"Yeah that's one of the drawbacks of being a Lucid. Only 3 people from each..." she trailed off looking for the right word,"...area are chosen. Everyone else is locked in a sort of...coma you could call it so that they can't become Lucid. Only the strongest people are be chosen. And Lucids are the only ones capable of healing and doing other nifty things because they're the only ones trained to do that. Sadly, the powers don't work when you're in the Awake Realm. So we can only really use them on ourselves, the Nightmares, and the occasional kid that we have to test."

Camden repeated Saint's question, a bit nervous now.

"So if we get injured..."

"Then we'll heal you until you learn how to do that yourselves. If you get hurt or maimed while you're Lucid, it will transfer to the Awake Realm. And if it's a vital wound, that can be really really bad. So it's important that you get it healed before you wake up. And you better pray that you aren't injured so badly that the pain wakes you up. We're going to teach you little tricks to keep yourselves asleep too, of course. And ways to wake yourself up if something happens..."
Lilith trailed off, crossing her arms. her wings ruffled a bit in impatience.

"I always forget how annoying it is to explain things," she muttered.

"And it's even more annoying to have to listen to these complicated explanation told by people who don't want to be explaining in the first place," Derek retorted.

Lilith snorted, then turned back to Camden and Saint.

"Well? Other questions?"
Back to top Go down
LC

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Mon May 09, 2011 7:44 pm

Justin shook his head solemnly, then paused, then nodded, though not as confidently.

"How will you train us?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dictionary

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Mon May 09, 2011 7:50 pm

Derek and Lilith exchanged glances.

Finally, Lilith cleared her throat and replied, "Well. I like the learning on the job tactic. I find that it is much more effective."

Derek looked like he was about to say him but Lilith whacked him on the back of his head before he could get a word out.

Camden stared at the two suspiciously.

"Anyway. I was showing you two the realms and how to go from one to the other. Would you rather practice going from this Realm to the Dream Realm or do you want to see the third one that you have access to first?"

Lilith was in a generous mood if she was giving them a choice in the matter, Derek noted dubiously.

Back to top Go down
LC

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Mon May 09, 2011 7:52 pm

Justin frowned at the exchange but didn't mention it, just stored it in his mind.

"What do you think, Camden?" He asked quietly, looking shyly over at the other boy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dictionary

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Mon May 09, 2011 7:59 pm

He shrugged.

"I guess we should get seeing all the Realms over with..."

"Works for me," Lilith replied.

"Gimme your hands again."

Derek raised an eyebrow.

"Is this necessary?"

"You remember what happened when I tried showing you the Realms without helping you that first time."

"...Good point. Training realm I take it?"

Lilith nodded.

"Kay, I'll see you there then."

The boy disappeared in a shower of crackling red and blue sparks.

Lilith rolled her eyes and held out her hands to the boys for the second, and hopefully, last time.

Camden took her hand warily, this time ready to follow her.
Back to top Go down
LC

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Mon May 09, 2011 9:14 pm

Justin took her hand too, still unhappy about the whole thing, but ready.

"Okay..."

He was still kinda scared of this whole situation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dictionary

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Mon May 09, 2011 9:28 pm

Lilith winked and the Realm faded from sight, then was replaced by a similar scene. That same odd glassy floor. But this time, no fog, mist, or swirling light. Just clear dark air. And a familiar winged figure approaching them.

"Cool place, huh? I like this Realm better than the other two. Less creepy. In the other ones I'm always afraid that something's gonna sneak up on me," Derek laughed, shifting from foot to foot nervously.

"Oh you big baby. That's what makes the other Realms so much fun!"

Camden was surprised when Lilith started laughing too. Well then.

"Heh hem. Anyway. This is the Training Realm. We can break down a section of the...I guess you could call it in invisible wall...yeah that's the best way to describe it...we can break down a section of it and let in Nightmares for some contained one on one combat so you can train without getting distracted. Fighting in the Dream Realm is another ballgame entirely. You two won't be doing that for a while," Lilith explained, expression turning serious again.

Camden froze.
"W-wait...you...have us fight those things on purpose?"

"Pretty much. Don't sweat it, I won't make you do anything you're not ready for. And I am excellent at determining that."

Derek stared straight at Camden, slowly shaking his head. Lilith punched him in the shoulder.

...Looks like me and Justin are screwed then...
Back to top Go down
LC

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Wed May 11, 2011 8:45 pm

Justin simply nodded. Fighting. He could do that. Had been since he could walk, after all.

Although, just recently, the institute had "reevaluated" their priorities and took Justin out of the ring, saying they didn't want to damage anything too severely. So he might be a bit rusty. But he could hold his own without a sweat, that was for sure.

"What kind of fighting?" was his calm question. He could probably beat near to anyone, it was just to his advantage if he knew what he were going up against. That way he could plan ahead, hone some rusty moves that would be necessary, and all that jazz. Really, it was common sense for him to know what his opponent could do before a fight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dictionary

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Wed May 11, 2011 9:15 pm

"....It varies," Lilith sighed ,"You'll see what I mean as you learn more. I can't even really describe what it's like to fight a Nightmare. Especially the powerful ones. To make it simple, I'll just say the fighting is physical, mental, psychological, magical if such a thing exists, pretty much whatever you're capable of imagining. And then some."

She tucked a stray curl of silvery blond hair behind her ear.

"Alright, no more interrogations for tonight. You two need to learn how to go from one Realm to another. When you deliberately travel to another Realm, the bonds won't keep you two connected and in the same Realm. That only works when you first become Lucid. Buuut the bonds can help you get a good sense of where your partner is, so you can always find them. Oi I am getting off track again. Close your eyes and visualize the realm that you want to travel to. Either the white Lucid realm or the blue Dream Realm. And then use your bonds to find each other. Go. Now."

She stared at the boys expectantly, tapping her foot lightly on the floor. The taps echoed eerily.

Camden stared at her like a lost child.
"...But...the-the Nightmares-"

"The Nightmares will be in the Dream Realm, so if you want avoid them go to the Lucid Realm. Obviously. Now shoo!"
Back to top Go down
LC

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Thu May 12, 2011 6:36 pm

"It'll be okay." Justin reassured the other with a kind smile, not sure what she meant exactly by nightmares. But he figured his nightmares couldn't be brought to life in the exact way that would truly scare him. He hoped.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dictionary

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Thu May 12, 2011 6:54 pm

"I hope," Camden muttered, looking down.

"Any day now," Lilith called.

He clenched his fists and closed his eyes, trying to imagine the vast white expanse of the Lucid Realm. The Lucid opened his eyes tentatively.

Derek and Lilith were staring at him.

"...It didn't work did it."

"Nope. Try taking a step forward and imagining that you're walking right into-"

He disappeared with a weak flash of light.

"...Your turn Saint."
Back to top Go down
LC

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sat May 14, 2011 3:01 pm

Saint stared at the spot Camden was just mere moments ago before briskly walking to the same spot, shutting his eyes, and disappearing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dictionary

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sat May 14, 2011 3:31 pm

Camden swayed as his foot came down hard on the floor, sending up a puff of white. His head swam and his vision was fuzzy and dim. The boy moaned and collapsed to the ground, clutching his head. He was alone. And he couldn't remember why.

Derek cleared his throat.

"So how long are we going to give them before we go after them to make sure they did it right?"
Lilith shrugged.

"That's not really an answer Lil..."

"I figured we'd let them use the rest of the night finding each other if it takes them that long and exploring the Realms. We can't baby them and they need to learn how to get around. And if they do fail..."

She shrugged again.

"If they fail, then they'll spend the rest of the night alone and confused and then they'll wake up and everything will be fine anyway. Tomorrow night we'll review how to travel from realm to realm and then move on to mind connections."

Derek muttered, "Or if they fail and end up in the Dream realm, some Nightmare is going to find them and show them just what fighting a Nightmare is really like."

Lilith chuckled.

"Eh the best way to learn is by experience, as Lucy loves reminding me."
Back to top Go down
LC

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 22, 2011 2:42 pm

Saint saw Camden touch down, watched him sway and collapse. Despite his desire to rush to the boy's side, he continued to crouch, low to the ground, until his wave of nausea passed. And then stood, and ran to the other's side.

"Camden!"

He fell to his knees next to him and rubbed soothing circles on his back as Camden moaned, clutching his head. He grimaced in sympathy. Those things hurt like a bitch.

"Are you okay?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dictionary

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Sun May 22, 2011 2:54 pm

Camden unconsciously leaned into Saint, sighing a little as his head began to clear.

"Y-yeah, 'm fine," he mumbled. Saint's touch was like a warm fire in the middle of a snowy field. Camden couldn't even wrap his mind around how good it felt.
Back to top Go down
LC

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Thu May 26, 2011 2:23 pm

Saint quickly shifted to accommodate Camden's weight, wrapping an arm around his shoulder. Odd, he'd never comforted anyone before, and couldn't remember the last time someone had comforted him. So how did he know what to do?

And then he heard something.

"What was that?" He whispered sharply, twisting his head around to see behind him but nothing was there that he could see. Which only made things worse.

"We... we need to move. Camden, can you move?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dictionary

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Thu May 26, 2011 2:35 pm

Camden blinked, trying to clear his head.
"Yeah I think I'm okay now," he said softly, standing slowly. It was kind of hard to ignore the fact that his legs were shaking, but there wasn't much he could do about that.
Camden tilted his head to the side, pulse racing. he could hear it now too. Movement. Muffled footsteps.
"Sh-should we try going to the white place? They were saying it's safer."
Back to top Go down
LC

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Mon May 30, 2011 2:01 pm

Justin sighed. "One day, you'll realize that there's no such place that's safe. Only places that are less dangerous than the others. I say, for now, we just run."

He started to pull Camden along gently, his pace slowly rising with the urgency. "Besides, you can't take another jump like that..."

He glanced back at the other worriedly, careful to make sure his grip wasn't too tight. And to make sure he wasn't going too quickly.

"Come on, we'll figure out what to do along the way..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dictionary

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Tue May 31, 2011 2:09 pm

Camden nodded and focused on putting one foot in front of the other as the sense of urgency rose. The footsteps behind them were coming faster now, and they were louder. There was a hollowness to the footsteps, like whatever was following them wasn't really alive.
"S-Saint I can't go on much farther." He had to force the words out with each increasingly ragged breath. Camden's legs felt like they were chained to lead weights.
His hand began to slip from Saint's grip.
Back to top Go down
LC

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:46 pm

"No, come on, we have to keep going!" Saint turned to plead with Camden, to keep him running. "It's not safe to..." He trialed off, voice cracking, eyes widening in absolute horror as he finally got a good look at what was following them. Actually, more like him.

"D-doctor..." he stuttered, coming to a sharp halt and stood absolutely still, hands wringing his shirt in front of him and eyes on the floor, head ducked. He shook pitifully, biting his tongue to keep back any embarrassing sounds of fears. Camden practically disappeared from his thoughts, only seeing the doctor looming over him, arms crossed and a smirk plastered on his face.

His glasses flashed, hiding his eyes from Justin's view and he uncrossed his arms to reach into his pocket.

"Hello, patient 35071. How are you today?"

He pulled out nasty looking syringe, the needle rusted and stained. It was empty and the doctor reached down to roughly take Saint's arm in his hand and jab the needle deep into the vein, blood leaking from the ill-prepared wound and slipping down his arm. Saint simply stood and took it, wincing on slightly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dictionary

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:53 pm

Camden nearly ran into Saint when he had stopped dead in his tracks.

"S-Saint?"

This was beginning to really freak him out. Saint had his arm held out and a hole appeared in his arm where the vein was. Blood began seeping from the wound. Something was really, really wrong.

Camden reached out a hand out to Saint timidly, before placing it on his shoulder.

"W-we need to get out of here."

The brunet was frozen and didn't seem to hear him.

"Saint! Come on!"

The boy's new desperation to get out of here allowed him to forget the dull pain and exhaustion that had set in.

(Don't let the doctor touch Saint too much more. It's really really bad when a Nightmare touches a Lucid. It can happen, but it's really bad and Saint won't be able to handle being touched by him much more than what's already happened. XD;; Also...a Nightmare wouldn't know his actual name. I guess it's fine that he calls him the patient number, but a Nightmare wouldn't know their real name)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Beginning   

Back to top Go down

New Beginning
Page 5 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next