Goatface

GOATS

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Up the Ante

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
LC

PostSubject: Re: Up the Ante   Sat May 07, 2011 9:22 pm

Dustin smirked at Cal's annoyance, stepping head-on into the throng the bullets, only flinching ever so slightly as his body was hit. He took out the targets calmly and carefully, headshots all around. He couldn't worry about the innocent people possessed by the demons and ghosts, they were probably as good as dead anyways. Of course, that didn't mean that Austin wouldn't been feeling like absolute shit after this but casualties of war were a part of the job. It was unavoidable.

Austin would still feel like shit, though, no matter what.

I feel like shit for doing this... was what Dustin heard sorrowfully in his head.

Yep. He knew Austin pretty damn well.

No other option.

Austin nodded just barely, also unaffected by the volley, though still avoiding trying to the fatal shots.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Up the Ante   Sat May 07, 2011 10:14 pm

Cal ducked behind a dumpster and watched the angels head into the fight. "For hating conflict they sure are helpful."

Steve ducked behind the dumpster with the teen. "Charles and new friends are very effective."
"Meow." The cat agreed.
"Yeah no kidding. Being immortal's gotta have it's perks I guess." Cal sighed. "Well, time to head back out into the fray." He jumped out from behind the dumpster, precise shots taking out anyone who caught his attention.

Charles grinned as he wove his way through the mess of enemies. He enjoyed the thrill of large battles like this, but it still didn't compare to the more personal one-on-one fights he truly enjoyed. Ah well, another time. He glanced back at the angels who had now joined the fight. "Aaaah, an undying body would be a wonderful thing." He chuckled as he moved on to his next target, silting their throat and quickly moving on to the next, all the while carefully avoiding attacks from the enemy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Up the Ante   Sat May 07, 2011 10:24 pm

"Hey, just cause it's immortal doesn't mean it doesn't hurt!" Dustin called back, though was grinning from ear to ear. He liked being impervious to basically everything.

"It doesn't really hurt, though! Only a little!" Austin called back, still focused on the extermination of the enemy.

"It still rocks!"

Dustin laughed wildly as a possessed body lurched for him but was quickly thrown back against the wall as a bullet lodged itself in its skull.

Austin fought back the urge to puke.

Freakin conscious...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Up the Ante   Sat May 07, 2011 10:44 pm

"Heh, pain I can handle. The not dying part's really the only thing I'd want." Cal popped a small capsule out of the container Steve had given to him earlier and threw it into a large crowd of demons and possessed people. The capsule exploded on impact and took out a large portion of the remaining enemies.

Charles laughed at the explosion. "Good job emo freak! You're finally being useful."

"Shut up ectoplasm loser."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Up the Ante   Sat May 07, 2011 10:59 pm

"Ectoplasm loser.... huh..."

Austin chuckled despite it all.

"That's new one."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Up the Ante   Sat May 07, 2011 11:11 pm

Charles rolled his eyes. "Can we focus here kiddies? The bad guys are almost all dead. It'd be a shame to lose now."

"Yeah yeah, keep your pants on." Cal glanced around, finally able to count how many demons and ghosts there were left. Twenty left. Almost done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Up the Ante   Sat May 07, 2011 11:16 pm

Austin continued to take out the possessed, one by one, slowly but surely. They weren't putting up much of a fight anymore. Whenever he or Dustin got close, the things would flinch away or back up. They weren't stupid, they could see that they had no effect on the angels.

Suck it, demonic bastards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Up the Ante   Sat May 07, 2011 11:20 pm

Cal let out a long breath and put his gun away as the last demon fell. He looked at all the bodies laying around. "Man this is gonna be all over the news tomorrow..."

Charles smirked, "It can be one of the great unsolved murder mysteries."

Cal frowned, "And now we gotta go start the real fight. Why can these things never be easy?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Up the Ante   Sat May 07, 2011 11:22 pm

"Actually, that was really simple." Austin interjected, unable to look at the bodies. "Usually there's a couple hundred and they are coherent and smarter than the average monkey. Unlike these."

"Yeah, and they actually aim." Dustin smirked. "Not like the stormtroopers."

"Those guys suck." Austin agreed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Up the Ante   Sat May 07, 2011 11:35 pm

Cal nodded, "The clone troopers where better." He sighed, "But just because we got idiots from the get go doesn't make it easy. Haven't you ever played Zelda or Megaman? The boss is always a hundred freaking times harder."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Up the Ante   Sun May 08, 2011 12:00 am

"Nope." Dustin frowned. "Never played a video game in my life. Never really got around to it."

Austin nodded solemnly.

"So tragic."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Up the Ante   Sun May 08, 2011 12:13 am

"Huh...well that's a shame." Cal frowned, "And that means any video game references I make will be lost on you. Damn."

Charles sighed, "We have more important things to worry about right now. The boss is going to awaken soon and we kind of need to stop that."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Up the Ante   Wed May 11, 2011 8:51 pm

Austin frowned. "Who's the boss?"

"I think... I think they're referring to the demon..."

"He's a boss?"

"Game term."

Austin's frowned deepened. "Can we please drop the gamer lingo?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Up the Ante   Fri May 13, 2011 8:58 am

Cal chuckled, "Boss kinda goes outside the video game realm, but whatever."

"Does it matter what we call him so long as we get to the point and deal with this quickly?" Charles sighed and started wlaking, getting more and more annoyed with the situation. "I'd deal with this myself if I thought I could take out that damned demon alone."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Up the Ante   Fri May 13, 2011 11:37 am

"Oh, so the big bad ghostie needs help, huh?" Dustin smirked and followed the possessed-Cory. "How exciting. Maybe if you ask nicely, we'll consider to stop fooling around and just ice this freak already."

"Don't get cocky." Austin muttered, jabbing his twin in the ribs. "You'll jinx us."

"Oh, come on! We've never EVER had an ghost need our help!"

"What about the one back in San Francisco? With her daughter in the hospital?"

Dustin made a face. "Okay, we've never had a ghost need our help when it comes to.. a powertrip... or something."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Up the Ante   Sat May 21, 2011 10:37 am

Charles chuckled, "That's because most ghosts are idiots and don't learn their limits before it's too late. And besides, it's your job to take care of this demon isn't it? What would Heaven say if you left knowing the idiot humans were trying to revive him?" Charles smirked, "Make no mistake, I'm not asking for your help, I'm using it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Up the Ante   Sun May 22, 2011 2:38 pm

"Well, you have a point there." Dustin chuckled. "Ghosts are stupid."

"No they're not." His brother denied, frowning. "They're just... lost."

"Lost?" He shook his head incredulously. "Lost. Wow. No, I think they're stupid. I mean, who would choose staying on this shithole than going to heaven? That's idiocy at it's finest!"

Austin sighed. "Not all of them go to heaven."

"Well, than that's their sob story. I say we stop stalling and get rid of this demon so we can go on our merry way, okay?" Dustin rolled his eyes. "Working with a ghost. This can't possibly go wrong."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Up the Ante   Sun May 22, 2011 2:44 pm

Charles grinned, "Agreed, let's end this already."

"And you better damn well get out of Cory as soon as it's over." Cal glared at the ghost.

"Yes yes, I'll be gone as soon as the dangers gone."

"Good."

The group continued walking until they reached a heavily guarded manhole cover leading to the sewers.

"Lovely, more lackeys..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Up the Ante   Sun May 22, 2011 2:48 pm

"Boring!" Dustin called, and with a snap of his fingers, the guards all dropped to the ground like puppets whose strings were cut, lifeless.

"... Serious question for you, man." Austin pursed his lips. "Why didn't we do that before."

"We're stupid. Like the ghosties."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Up the Ante   Sun May 22, 2011 2:56 pm

Cal blinked, "Well that's helpful..."

"No kidding." Charles chuckled and started moving toward the manhole cover, cautions for any other bad guys that might jump out or traps that might be set.

Cal and Steve followed after him.
"I hope that trick works on whatever's waiting down below..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Up the Ante   Sun May 22, 2011 3:01 pm

Austin shrugged. "If worse comes to worse, we just pop his head."

"Yep!" Dustin grinned. "Speed up his cell reproduction till he bursts like a balloon. Very useful, and dangerously effective."

His brother nodded. "It's probably the easiest way."

"Course, we could just exorcise him..."

"Or call Dev to drag him back down to Hell."

"I like Devan." The older smiled. "It'd be nice to see him again."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Up the Ante   Sun May 22, 2011 3:06 pm

"He another angel like you guys?" Cal asked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Up the Ante   Sun May 22, 2011 3:11 pm

"Psh, hell no!" Dustin laughed. "He's Death. The number one Reaper, able to tussle with the devil himself and not break a sweat. All those other Reapers and Deaths and Grims, they report to him. Man, he's way up there in the food chain, way over us!"

"We grew up with him." Austin explained with a small smile. "He's a really nice guy, you just have to get past the whole "no emotions" thing. But when you get down to it, he's sweet."

"Cept when you hurt Damon."

"Yeah." Austin nearly went white. "Never hurt Damon."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Up the Ante   Sun May 22, 2011 3:15 pm

"A reaper...now that would be interesting." Charles chuckled as he pulled up the manhole cover. How he could lift it with Cory's tiny arms is beyond anyone's comprehension.

"Maybe he could finally send you were you belong." Cal said and moved to look down into the sewers.

Steve's faces wrinkled up once the smells wafted out of the hole. "Bleh."
"Meooow." The cat agreed with him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Up the Ante   Sun May 22, 2011 3:21 pm

"Not just a Reaper." Dustin sighed heavily. "The Reaper. Trust us, there's a huge difference."

"I wanna take a shower now..." Austin rolled up his sleeves and silently volunteered himself to be first. "Let's go, then." He stepped into the manhole, lowering himself down the rusted bars that made the ladder. "Should'a brought a flashlight..." he muttered to himself darkly before continuing, scrunching up his nose in disgust.

Last edited by LC on Wed May 25, 2011 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Up the Ante   

Back to top Go down

Up the Ante
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Goatface :: Durrrr :: One on one rps-
Jump to: