Goatface

GOATS

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Exciting Vacation

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:21 pm

(REPLY DAMN IT!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:00 pm

Jazz and Shane merely sat, motionless, trying to fully grasp what they had seen. Lots of bodies, lots of blood, lots of water and some big thing that didn't look happy. Down to business.

"What level do you think it was?"

"Probably one of the sins. They're usually the only ones bold enough to openly manipulate the elements." Jazz replied to Shane' inquiry, rubbing at his left temple. "My main worry is the visiting population. Tourism is at its height this time of year."

"Yeah, and civilians don't listen very well."

Jazz nodded. "We must warn the others as well. I fear we did not bring many defensive weapons."

"Yeah, we need to go find the nearest church."

"If it even is of demonic origin."

"Woah!" Shane forced a grin. Demons were easy, not much else. "Let's not get ahead of ourselves here..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:20 pm

(I think I mentioned a lack of bodies visible on the beach. XD;)

Nathan shook his head. "Those were mermaids singing. They don't generally hang out with demons unless it's some fucking powerful noble..."

Ivero spoke rapidly in elvish and rubbed his forehead.

Nathan sighed, "Slow down dude, I can't understand a word you're saying."

"Ah sorry, it's just...if that was a kraken..."

Nathan waved it off, "We'll have to worry about that later, we need to try and get as many people out of here as we can."

"We still have a day before it comes." Alex commented.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:59 pm

(... I must have entered it somehow XD;; Sorry!)

"Mermaids exist?"

"Yeah!" Shane crowed sarcastically. "And unicorns too! They shit moonbeams and impale pineapples on their horns!"

Jazz sent a seething glare at him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:19 am

('S alright. Just pointing it out. XD)

Nathan raised an eyebrow, "Ivero's an elf, we've got two shapeshifters up in the hotel room and Alex sees the future. You really think you should be questioning mermaids and unicorns at this point? Hell, I could introduce you to creatures that defy the laws of physics!"

Alex sighed, "We've got bigger things to worry about than the existence of mythological creatures."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:07 pm

"What do you believe it was?" Jazz questioned. "If such horrors do exist, what could this monster be?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:17 pm

"I have about twenty things that come to mind..." Nathan sighed, "And considering it could be from our world or yours it could be just about anything."

Alex nodded, "An infinite number or worlds present an infinite number of possibilities."

Nathan threw his hands up in exasperation, "Well doesn't that just put things in perspective. Ugh!" He let his head fall and bang on the table. "Ow...we're so screwed."

Ivero gave a small smile, "Well at least we know it's coming. We can prepare for something at least. And we know we have a day. We may not know what this creature is, but we can at least try to prepare for it to the best of our abilities."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Sat May 07, 2011 9:27 pm

"Damn. I wish we had Justin. Or Xenon. Or, like, Matt." Shane made a face. "Hell, I wish we had Drein. Those guys would make this so much easier."

"We have brought down many a monster in our lifetime, Shane. We have the ability to do so once more." Jazz said calmly, gaze pensive. "We must discover what we fight, firstly. Then its weaknesses, then its poison, then its home. Because it would be unsanitary to leave such a corpse on the coast, would it not?"

"Yeah, we've always just been able to leave the body wherever." Shane shrugged. ""S not like even half our planet was populated in the first place. Everyone was dead by then." He looked up at Ivero. "You got some sort of extensive behemoth library or are we going to have to use some of Martyr's old lore books and the internet?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Sat May 07, 2011 10:00 pm

Ivero nodded, "I can access the elven libraries, but the amount of information on such creatures will be expansive. Even with the aide of the book keepers it could take days to sort through it all and we hardly have the time..."

Nathan shrugged, "It's worth a shot at least. We can try narrowing the search with information we saw through the vision. What other choices do we have really?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Sat May 07, 2011 10:02 pm

"Why don't we just give everyone a book and say have at it?" Shane suggested with a shrug as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Sat May 07, 2011 10:33 pm

"That's about what it boils down to in the end." Ivero sighed again and stood, "I'll go contact the book keepers with the information. I'll let you all know once I've heard back from them."

"Right." Nathan leaned back in his chair. "You should probably fill the twins in while you're at it."

"Yes." The elf nodded and inclined his head to the others before he headed back to the hotel room.

Nathan sighed, "So much for this vacation."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Sun May 08, 2011 12:01 am

"I enjoy this." Jazz deadpanned, unsure if that was normal or not.

"Freak."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Sun May 08, 2011 12:17 am

Alex shrugged, "It's something to do at least."

Nathan sighed, "It is that. Anyway, Ivero might be a while with the book keepers...we should probably start trying to evacuate people."

"Agreed."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Wed May 11, 2011 8:49 pm

"Well, what do ya wanna do, pull the fire alarm?" Shane made an incredulous expression. "I really doubt we have the influence to evacuate a commercial 5-star ocean view vacation hotel. No matter who we call."

"We may be able to convince the staff that we are of an official governmental status? Such as that one... organization we read of. The FMI? FEI?"

"... FBI?" Shane deadpanned, sort of a history buff when it came to the 2000s.

"Yes. Them."

"We don't have the credentials." He paused. "Well, we could get them. But it would cost us and take a while for them to look legit."

Jazz frowned. "Then I am free surmise you have a plan of your own?"

Shane smirked. "I wouldn't go that far..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Fri May 13, 2011 8:53 am

"We could just scare everybody out." Nathan offered. "Vito and Veno play very convincing man eating sharks. They'd have to evacuate the beach. Then we'd just have to take care of the looky-loos and staff."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Sun May 22, 2011 2:50 pm

"Yeah, but don't you think they would call someone?" Shane shook his head. "I mean, last thing I want are those things called Police on us. I've read they're pretty annoying."

"Especially when it comes to such dangerous matters. Would they not just create more chaos?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Sun May 22, 2011 2:58 pm

Nathan grinned, "That's where Ivero comes in to save us a whole lot of trouble. He's pretty good at illusion spells. Everybody'll think the police or whoever are here, while we take care of the beasty."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Thu May 26, 2011 2:26 pm

"Who's to say that they still won't call? Reaction time and all that." Shane shook his head. "I'm all for avoiding casualties but we're a bit lacking on the realistic options here."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Fri May 27, 2011 1:14 pm

Nathan shook his head, "You guys have no experience with magic do you? We can set up the spell before hand. Ivero can cover the staff so whoever tries to call the police calls his cell instead and poses as the cops."

Alex nodded, "It's fairly simple. The real problem will be all the civilians who might call. It'd be difficult to account for all of the people in the hotel and surrounding area."

Nathan frowned, annoyed that there had to be a flaw in his brilliant plan. "Well then what do you suggest we do? I haven't really heard any better plans so far."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Mon May 30, 2011 1:42 pm

"Pffft. I just said the same thing, didn't I just say the same thing?" Shane turned to Jazz, expecting the other man to come to his side but was only met with a blank stare. "... Oh, whatever, doesn't matter, if we can just keep the death toll below one hundred I'll be happy at this point."

"..." Jazz frowned. "... Do we use magic?"

"I don't think so." Shane replied hollowly before standing and clapping his hands together. "Okay! Sitting around is making my ass hurt. Why don't we just choose something and go with it? Worse comes to worse, we just throe everybody underground and hope the top layer of the earth doesn't collapse while we fight."

"We currently reside in the 2000s, they have yet to developed an underground emergency panic shelter as we have."

Shane's face fell. "Damn."

He sat back down heavily.

"Sometimes, I hate humans and their inconsistencies..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:32 pm

Nathan chuckled, "Well the hotel has a basement. We could just throw everybody down there."

"Locking a few hundred humans into such confined spaces...not exactly the best idea." Alex sighed. "Either way we should go see how Ivero is doing on identifying the beast."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:34 pm

"Right." Shane stood again. "And where is he?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:01 pm

"Up in the room. Come on." Nathan pushed his seat back and stood, grabbing what was left of his quickly melting ice cream cone.

Alex stood and followed after him to the elevator.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:21 pm

Shane nodded and picked up his shake, as well and Jazz's, only to toss them into the nearest trashcan, following the two with Jazz close behind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:10 pm

Nathan finished his cone on the ride up the elevator and dropped the napkin he'd been using to keep the melting ice cream off his hands into the next trashcan.
He walked up to their room door and knocked once before sliding the card key in the lock and opening the door.

Ivero and the twins had shoved the beds against the walls, even turning them on their sides to give themselves more floor space.
The elf was currently seated in the center of the room, muttering in an ancient elvish tongue, odd swirls of light hovered around him, occasionally forming shapes.
The twins sat in a pile of books to one side of the room.
Vito looked up as the group came in. "Oh thank God you're finally here. Do you know how many books we've gone through already?!"

Nathan chuckled and held his hands up, "So-rry. We were discussing plans on getting the civilians outta the way. Anyway, how's it going?"

Veno sighed as he shut another book. "We've gone through dozens of books already and we've got half a dozen creatures that might match it."
"It doesn't really help that we aren't the ones who saw the vision you know." His twin added.

Alex nodded, "I'll show you in a minute." She turned back to the exorcists, "You should inform your friends of this."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   

Back to top Go down

Exciting Vacation
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next