Goatface

GOATS

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Exciting Vacation

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Watcher

PostSubject: Exciting Vacation   Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:39 am

The beach: full of saltwater, sand, palm trees, and people. Although this beach wasn't horribly crowded like most since it was a private beach for the hotel.

A group of five older teens picked their spot on the sand and set up their towels.
"This is gonna be great!" Nathan kicked off his sandals and stretched his arms above his head.
"Yeah, saltwater and sand invading every uncomfortable part of my body, the definition of great." Alex plopped down onto her towel and promptly started applying sunscreen.
Nathan chuckled, "Give it a chance Ali, you said yourself you'd never even been to the beach before!"
The girl sighed, "Fine."
Ivero sat on a towel next to her and chuckled, "That's the spirit. This'll be fun! You'll see."
The twins Vito and Veno grinned. "We should go snorkeling! There's supposed to be a lot of cool fish out on the reef."
Nathan smiled, "Maybe later, we just got here after all! Don't want to use up all out energy on the first day. Let's just relax a bit for now and teach little Alex how to have a vacation." He laughed, and Alex roller her eyes at him from behind dark sunglasses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:04 pm

Meanwhile, another group, this one of six, also set up towels and umbrellas, in fact, right beside the others. They chattered idly as well, though about nothing in particular.

"I wanna go swimming!" Haydn exclaimed excitedly, looking out at the ocean in anticipation. The Orphanage Moderators had decided that they need some time away from their planet, seeing as it was still manifested with satanists and demons. So, they had unanimously chosen to go on a vacation. Where to go, was when the argument took off.

Shane had wanted to go snowboarding. Jazz and Eric had wanted to see some ruins, do some exploring. Martyr wanted to go home- surprise, surprise. Only Haydn and Danna had wished to go to the beach, arguing that none of them had ever even seen pictures of it since TV had been gone for years. Plus, Haydn guilt tripped them a bit about not being the one to choose supper. It had nothing to do with the fact that Danna had dirt on all of them

Not at all.

Shane rolled his eyes before plopping down on his own beach towel lazily, the sun and heat already getting to him.

"Go make a new friend and drag them along."

Haydn pouted, since no one else really seemed to want to go swimming either (Danna just ate and, being a superstitious person, declared he would wait an hour). The younger man sighed and began to scope out the beach, trying to find someone he could befriend, and as quickly as possible.

Cause it was fucking hot!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:57 pm

Nathan watched the twin boys run off to the water and dive in, then turned to pout at Alex, who still wore a long shirt over her suit, adding to her boyish appearance. "Come oooooon! The whole point of a beach is the ocean!"
Alex sighed and continued covering herself in sunscreen, "I'll get in the water after the sunblock sits for a few minutes, it'll wash off."
Nathan huffed and turned a hopeful eye to the elf sitting next to Alex. He frowned when he saw Ivero was also smothering his light skin with sunblock. The elf merely chuckled, "Sorry dude, you're on your own."
Nathan sighed and looked back at the water, dreading the two shapeshifters now lurking in the salty depths, no doubt plotting his inevitable dunking. He was not going in the water alone with those two waiting for him. Catching bits of the conversation of the group next to them, he shot a hopeful smile to the apparently equally eager man standing a few feet away. If he was going to swim with possible sharks he was taking someone, anyone, with him. Plus the little bastards were less likely to strike if he had a stranger with him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:06 pm

Haydn shielded his eyes from the glaring sun as he continued to search the beach before finally spotting a man with the group beside them, a dark-haired, handsome man to be exact. And he was looking at him.

Curious, his peripherals saw the motion of two odd shapes in the water, which the man seemed to be wary of as well, though not as one would be wary of two sharks. More like two friends plotting something. He shrugged. The guy probably wanted a target to distract his friends. Eh, he'd be the guinea pig. Anything to swim.

Walk over, he held out his hand and put on the friendliest smile he could muster.

"Hi! I'm Hadyn."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:24 pm

Nathan grinned and took the offered hand. "Nathan. Nice to meet you."
"Good, now you can stop bugging me." Alex chuckled, still working on the sunblock.
Nathan rolled his eyes and smiled at Haydn, "Need a swimming buddy?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:28 pm

"Yep, I do, everyone else over there is a BIG OL' BABY." He said, louder, knowing that the others would notice. Which they did.

"Not a baby, Haydn," Eric reprimanded him like an adult. "WE simply do not feel the need to splash around in an udignified manner in public."

"I would!" Danna contradicted. "I just ate, that's all!"

Haydn rolled his eyes. "Yeah, whatever, stay here." He turned to the seemigly older man. "I'm sorry for their behavior, Nathan, they're just mad cause I got to choose the vacationing spot." He smiled innocently.

Because nothing was ever Haydn's fault.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:46 pm

Nathan laughed, "Sounds like Alex will fit right in with them."
The girl ignored the comment and continued the onslaught of sunblock to her arms. "Go play in the ocean already."
Ivero chuckled, "We'll join you in a few."
"Right." Nathan chuckled and grinned at Haydn, "Shall we go 'splash around in an undignified manner' then?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:55 pm

Haydn laughed openly at the comment, turning to stick his nose up in a pompous manner and extended his pinky dramatically. "Yes, let us depart~"

And with that, he turned and stepped stiffly towards the breaking waves, waggling his butt from side to side with each step.

Shane chortled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:26 pm

Nathan nearly doubled over with laughter and followed his new found friend in an equally "dignified" manner, extending his pinky as well, sticking his butt out behind him and stepping carefully as though he didn't want to get his already sand covered feet dirty.

Alex and Ivero laughed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:50 pm

Haydn had turned soon enough to see this and joined in the chorus of laughter, placing a hand over his mouth to not seem rude.

"The sand's lava!" He exclaimed, referring to an old game he and Shane would play when growing up. Jumping from scarce towel to scarcer towel, he made his way to the waves, avoiding stepping on the sand at all costs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:25 pm

Nathan laughed at the memories of the game. "Aw man, we're screwed!" He followed Haydn's procession across the towels, nearly tripping once, but catching himself easy enough without touching the sand. He laughed again as he jumped into the waves.

Still back at their towels, Alex shook her head, "I'll never understand his games."
Ivero chuckled, "They seem quite silly if you didn't grown up with them."
"I think they'd still seem silly even if I had."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:28 pm

Haydn, being the graceful person he is, did trip, falling face-first into the sand. Shocked a bit at the fall, he laid there a moment before beginning to flail his arms and yell, though not very loudly, pretending to be burned alive.

"Haydn is the type of man to never grow up." Jazz said quietly, watching his friend freak out comically.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:41 pm

Nathan turned back and laughed at the man flailing in the sand. "Quick! Jump in the water to put the flames out!"

Ivero chuckled knowingly. "Nathan's the same."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:44 pm

"At once!" Haydn exclaimed, shooting into an upright position before scuttling towards the water on his hands and knees, like a dog, almost.

"That's good." Eric mused, pulling a book from his bag and adjusting his tshirt. "Lord knows he needs a break."

"Wha', an' we don'?" Martyr asked a rhetorical question, fiddling with his thumbs. What he wouldn't give to be in a garage right now instead of this bloody spit of sand and salty water.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:11 pm

Nathan laughed and dove into the waves.

Ivero smiled and tried to make light conversation with the group next to them, "This is a vacation from work I take it?"
Alex finished applying sunblock and stretched out on her towel to let it set in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:33 pm

"Yes, it is." Jazz replied with a graceful bob of his head.

Martyr, beside him, clenched and unclencehd his fists rapidly before standing. "Tha's et! Eye am goin' tah fin' somethin' and fix et!" He then turned on his heel and walked hurriedly down the beach, out of sight. Danna stood as well, looking between the waves and then Martyr brokenly before running after the Irishman.

Jazz watched him disappear before continuing. "We had only just made this realization when Shane had awoken one morning and declaring that he hadn't "slept in" that late since his childhood. The only reason being that he did was because he was knocked unconscious by rubble the other night. That is our story. Yours?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:46 pm

Ivero nodded, "Sounds like you guys have a rough job... We're here because we're on break from school, and once it was discovered Alex had never been to a beach, well, that was that." He chuckled a bit.
Next to him Alex grumbled, "It's because you and Nathan are spoiled rich kids."
Ivero gave a guilty smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:49 pm

Jazz smiled, relaxing slightly. "How long have all of you been acquainted?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:53 pm

"Well...Nathan and I have known each other since we were kids. Family buisness kinda dragged us together." The elf chuckled. "And we didn't meet the twins, Vito and Veno until we started going to the school a couple years ago. And Alex we just met this year actually." He smiled, " How about you guys?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:56 pm

Jazz watched with an emotionless expression as Haydn was knocked over by a particularly strong wave. He pushed up his sunglasses self-consciously before replying.

"Haydn found me in the streets. Took me to the Orphanage he lived at that was run by Mr. Altus, a sort of father figure to all of us. Shane and Danna and Eric all resided there before I did. Martyr was a rebel, also found in the streets." He grinned wryly. "We discovered him broken and bleeding, on the verge of death, yet he never let go of that trigger until he was certain that his little sister was safe."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:11 pm

Ivero blinked, "Wow...not often you hear stories like that anymore. Sounds like you guys had it rough..."
Alex looked out over the breaking waves with an empty stare. "..."

Nathan yelped as something slimy brushed up his leg. Not a second later a head of black hair surfaced to his right, laughing, an echo of laughter also coming from his left.
"Whatever in Hell just touched my leg it better not do it again so help me I will-!"
"What? Scream like a little girl again?" Vito leaned on the demon's shoulder, still laughing.
Veno echoed his brothers laughter in odd unison and grinned at Haydn, "So. Who's your new friend?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:16 pm

"Actually, we had it pretty damn good!" Shane interjected with a laugh. Jazz frowned.

"Your sister, you won flesh and blood, abandoned you because she believe you would get in the way of her "sex life"."

"... Details! Who needs em!"

~ = ~

Haydn laughed in surprise at the appearance of the twins, and also at Nathan's admittedly girlish shriek. "I'm Haydn! Who're you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:20 pm

Ivero raised an eyebrow, but didn't ask about the subject. "Well...you have friends at least. That's something."

---

"Vito!"
"Veno!"
"Don't believe anything they say!" Nathan added before the twins could say more. "They like to switch places and mess with people a lot..."
The twins chuckled and gave mirrored shrugs, "People are fun to mess with! Nice to meet you Haydn!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LC

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:34 pm

"Yep!" Shane grinned. "Best friends you could ever ask for..." A pause. A quick jab of a thumb towards Jazz. "Cept this killjoy."

Jazz frowned sullenly.

~ = ~

Haydn chuckled helplessly. "Nice to meet you too. And how would I ever be able to tell you apart?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:54 pm

"Ah, well...I suppose a little rivalry can be good." Ivero gave a hopeful smile.
"Not if you take it too far." Alex put in, seemingly absentmindedly.

---

"Exactly!" Nathan exclaimed.
The twins chucked, "It's easy!'
"Veno parts his hair differently than I do."
"And Vito's more rude." The boy chuckled.
"Am not!"
"Yes you are."
"Ack!" Nathan threw his arms up. "It's confusing enough when you two get along, you don't need to argue with yourselves!"
The twins laughed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Vacation   

Back to top Go down

Exciting Vacation
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next